Etihad / flight changes

1 abu dhabi, United Arab Emirates Review updated:

Purchased flights from Glasgow to Bangkok using Opodo as Etihad were the cheapest provider. Once the booking was confirmed they then chose to move me to a different flight for the Glasgow to Dublin leg as time was tight for making the onward connection to Abu Dhabi - a fact known by them when I first booked. So a sharp practice to take my money then not honour the contract. They subsequently moved my flight twice more so that I now have to fly via Amsterdam and take a day off work to leave earlier. Opodo are useless and their advice on each occasion is that I must accept the changes as they won't refund me. For several weeks Opodo & Etihad blamed each other as with-holding any refund until Etihad eventually admitted responsibility but still no offer. Each complaint to them has ended with some platitude to "fly with them again". I usually fly this route (often) with Emirates, this will be my preferred option in future.

Jo
May 21, 2015

Comments

• Op
      27th of May, 2015

Dear joot,

We were very upset after reading your comments on your experience.

The airline is obliged to offer a full refund in case your flight was re-scheduled for more than 4h., also if the offered re-protection plan/options does not suit you.

Please let us look into your case and assist. For that purpose, please respond a private message we have sent you providing your booking reference or/and e-mail address used at time of booking.

Warm regards,

Nicole
    Opodo - Customer Care team

28th of May, 2015

Have been in contact again with Etihad who still fail to respond to the simplest enquiry. It appears that this saga will run & run so anyone is thinking of booking with them I suggest you don't. Tried their helplines which don't actually have an operative to help only a list of booking options. Etihad Customer Service is an oxymoron. Maybe I should copy all the info to JAMES HOGAN the company president instead?

• Et
      14th of Jun, 2015

Dear Joot,

Can you please send us your booking reference and feedback on socilamedia@etihad.ae so we can look into as soon as possible.

Please accept our sincere apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you. *JS

16th of Jun, 2015

Opodo eventually responded to their post of 27 May to look into the case. Their response (verbatim) :-
    "We sincerely apologise for the distress suffered and inconvenience caused. Naturally, we are disappointed that our level of customer service has fallen below your expectations. We will definitely keep this as a feedback and make sure that your next experience of Opodo will be happier."
    WTF - they still haven't addressed this! Lying swindlers.

• Op
      3rd of Jul, 2015

Hello Joot,

Thanks for your post.

You have rejected our invitation to provide us information in order to look into your case, which was sent via private message on this site and in this case we are unable to review your complaint or assist.

We hope the outcome of your complaint was favorable.

Best regards.