Etihad / delayed baggage
please find the attached Ticket details and formal complaint regarding my delayed luggage's and troubles caused by it.
As you see in the Itinerary, we have traveled on 15th June and reached Cochin on 16th June, we have not received any luggage's( 4 bags), my 3 weeks old son and 4 year old daughter and me, were left without any cloths or toiletries and all out essential day today equipment's were missing,
3 has been delivered to us on 18th June, after 3 days and the last and vital baggage was delivered on 20th June
My husband has been hospitalized after a heart attack on 15th June and we were supposed to go back on 17th to London. due to the delay in luggage we had to delay the journey till 21 st June.
we have spent for purchasing cloths and toiletries due to delay and for the change of date of journey due to the delay in luggage, cost me around £3300.00
The mental stress caused, by not joining the ill husband due to the mis handling of etihad Airlines cannot be put into figures.
Hereby i humbly request Etihad to pay me reasonable compensation for the inconvenience caused to my Family.
please note that my rights are as follows as a British Citizen
According to the Montreal Convention, airlines are responsible for the bags they allow you to check in, although their liability is limited.
If you're carrying something valuable, either get a 'special declaration of interest in the delivery of your luggage' from the airline or carry the item in your hand luggage.
For mishandled baggage claims, the liability limit of airlines is €1, 131 per passenger.
This is a maximum limit. Claims are assessed in two ways:
damage or loss caused by delay of passengers, baggage or cargo
damage caused by the destruction, loss or damage to baggage
Damage is considered by airlines to be costs such as expenses incurred by passengers buying essential items when luggage is delayed, or compensation for loss of baggage.
please find the Ticket details and Names on attached document, should you require further details please feel free to ask me.
P.S- i have made number of phone calls to your Cochin branch, honestly they are useless and never replied with any positive outcome.
More Etihad Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - booking cancelled not refunded 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airlines - double charging! 
- Etihad Airways - non vegetarian meal served against vegetarian meal 
- Etihad Airlines - flight cancellation 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - poor service during flight diversion 
- Etihad Airways - they offering me a job, most of the people say that this is the fake company please u should take action
- Etihad Airways - lost baggage
- Etihad Airways - inappropriate behaviour
- Etihad Airways - hand luggage and baggage
- Etihad Airways - paid round trip - booking team refusing to book return ticket