Etihad Airways / etihad airways

Eithad Airways, United Arab Emirates Review updated:

flight EY 7987, EY 42, EY 221 Fri July 21, 2017.

I am still waiting for my luggage. Firstly at check in i was told that i can not get a seat next to my sick wife as the plane is full !! After informing the attendant my wife is sick so we need to be together, MASHAL at heathrow airport (Aer Lingus) smirked and replied that that's how it's done these days so i can't help you. ( a complete a'hole)
Secondly it's been 4 days after landing and they still can not locate where mines and my wife's luggage is (4 bags altogether) They are not even replying to the emails and when you call them they tell us that it will land in from the next available flight.
Pathetic Experience and even worst customer service. Never flying Eithad ever again. BTW this all i experienced while traveling in business class !!
Not a word of apology yet !!

Al
Jul 25, 2017

Comments

• Vi
      Nov 16, 2017

So I get the below email from Etihad after 3 weeks on "investigation" and he answer - totally unrelated explanation about how their excess baggage pricing is - which is not even the issue in the first place:

Our ref: 595014

17 November 2017

Dear Mr Vasa,

Thank you for sharing your experience in Hyderabad International Airport when you reported for your flight EY 277 to Abu Dhabi on 27 October. We do understand that excess baggage charges are never welcome. However, as unpopular as these charges may be, we hope you understand that guests must comply with our baggage policies.

The free baggage allowance depends on where your journey begins and ends. The free baggage allowance is based on the weight of your baggage or the number of pieces you are carrying. As per the ticket you purchased, you are allowed two pieces of bag, maximum 23 kilos each.

Having read your feedback, I understand that you had 8 kilos more in total of your four checked in bags. Please allow me to explain that during check in process if guest is carrying excess baggage and decides to re-pack over weight baggage rather than paying the excess baggage fees, we always request guest to re-join the queue after repacking. This practice is only to avoid delays for other guests, whose baggage may be within the limits and also prevents us from delaying the flight.

I am concerned to learn that you were left with negative impression of our airport ground staff. Our baggage policy is strict, and our staff do not have discretion about applying it. I have also shared your comments with the Airport Managers who will use your feedback to help us improve our guests' experience at the airport.

Mr Vasa, thank for writing and for giving us the opportunity to review your concerns.

Yours Sincerely,

Juliet Reyes
    Guest Relations Community Officer

• Vi
      Nov 16, 2017

My response :

I don’t think you have understood the my concern. There is no where I complained about paying, so you reiterating strict policy on baggage allowance doesn’t even relate to the issue I raised. In fact I myself offered to pay the excess baggage while I was getting insulted by your employee Mirza. Pl let me know how I could donate to help you fund to give some coaching to your one employee ( not All, as rest were quite polite) on how to even talk to a fellow person, let alone your customer.

You should read the subject and the content of the email first.

Imagine someone walking upto you when you have tried your best to reduce your bagage weight and say “ what did you do till now, you took the bags and the weight is the same” then goes on to say “ it’s your responsibility do whatever you can to reduce you have 2 min before the counter closes”. That’s when I offer to pay ( note: I OFFERED TO PAY. NOT one point during all this I was asked If I would like to pay).

It doesn’t end there while I was paying this Mirza loudly tells the other staff with me hearing - “ don’t load the bags until he pays” - as if I’m a beggar who is asking for charity. You should really be ashamed of your Customer Service. Even with complaint you took 3 weeks to respond stating your baggage policy which wasn’t even the issue.

Is customer service really "CUSTOMER SERVICE?!?" I did have little hope that someone would be empathetic. But shouldnt have had hope on Eithad's customer service - given all other complaints I just read on their "customer service" (quote / unquote intended)

• Et
      Nov 17, 2017

@Vinutan We are sorry to hear that you have not been offered to buy excess baggage and this is not a level of customer service that we are aiming to provide to our guests. You can share the feedback about your experience by sending it to [protected]@etihad.ae Please attach your booking reference. Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback to us as we are always seeking to improve the customer service experience for our guests. *Marc