Etihad Airways / family of 5 ejected of etihad airway

Family of 5 ejected of etihad airway flight ey 0612 after etihad made an error on their seating

I am writing to you re: an experience my family and I had on flight, etihad airway ey 0612, we are a family of 4 with my wife’s nephew also traveling with us.

On saturday 28th february 2009 my family and I arrived to casablanca international airport at 6.30am to depart to australia. we went through the usual protocol, we arrived to where the passengers were boarding, handed our tickets to the ground crew,
This is where the problem started; we were given the wrong boarding passes without our knowledge. the lady at the boarding department gave us a pass from abu dhabi to australia. we made our way down to the plane. as we arrived into the plane we were given directions on were we were seated.

We made our way only to find that the seats were allocated to two other passengers and my wife was seated 13 isles away. I sat my two kids down aged 4 and 6 and made my way to the front of the plane to discus the problem. I raised the matter with one of the flight attendant only to be told that nothing can be done about it as the flight was full and return to my seat. I knew for a fact that there were 17 spare seats and five of them were side by side we got into a disagreement, she was rude and disrespectful to me and my wife, called my wife a dog and a number of other rude words. I reminded her over and over again that this is there mistake and it has to be rectified before we fly. I requested to speak to the captain at lease five times and was again rejected that privilege

The plane was delayed for over an hour and a half, we were told either we apologies to the flight attendant or we had to all leave the plane there was no other alternative
By then the other passengers were getting involved with rude comments to the staff about there behavior towards us. we were then told to leave. they removed our luggage left it on the runway sent us on our way. mind you it was around 9 degrees. no body from the entire etihad airway would help us or wanted to get involved.

I am requesting immediate action towards the flight crew and dismissal of soumia, flight crew chief. this whole matter was handled wrong and this should have never happened we should have never been told to leave the plane. once I arrive back to australia I will commence a law suite and approaching the current affair and what ever other television and radio station that wants to listen. too many other problems with etihad airway have gone on deaf ears, but not this time.

Comments

• Co
      10th of Mar, 2009

I feel for this family and think they should follow it up further beacause the way they were treated was disgraceful and embarrasing not to mention humiliating.

7th of Apr, 2009

as we read this email we cannot just judge the people on how you were treated on that flight. i suppose you didn't tell the whole story before you posted things here. did you or did you not gone wild on that flight. since you are not getting the seat that you want, how did you respond on the crew? i mean...there are no reasons why they will off load you if they didn't think that you're a threat to them. you must have said something that made them feel that you're not safe to fly with.

• Et
      4th of May, 2009

i believe in one thing ; if you treat people nicely then in return you will be treated nicely too..
    i strongly believe there must be a reason why they off loaded you
    i dont believe that the crew called your wife a dog in front of others because that can be used against them by the airline to terminate them
    i've been to casablanca myself with etihad and the passengers were so rude and demanding
    i never want to go to this place anymore
    i feel sorry for the crew and sympathetic really they have a tough job
    and one more thing; you should really check your boarding pass before you receive it
    and all of that horrible experiences of yours could be avoided at first place..

5th of Jun, 2009

I wish to lounge a complaint against the flight attendant, the poor handling of a simple matter by the flight attendant. In state of doing what is part of her job to fix a simple mistake that was caused by the airline she was shouting using an un appropriate words I think that was vary wrong and with such service I will not fligh with Etihad again, I have never came across an airline who ask a family to exit the plane at that time without fixing there mistake or giving them an alternative, I really hoop that this will reach someone who will take action.

• Li
      21st of Aug, 2009

i support u etihad guest fully!!instead of takin it out on the crew who have no idea how seating system works, deal with the ground staff.plus if u check in late, chances of getting seats together are next to nil.so be on time, early, and check your boarding passes before you board the plane!!!