[Resolved] Etihad Airways / baggage delayed by 2 days and damaged.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I(Mr.Vineeth Panji) and Mrs.Saraswati Shirsangi took Etihad Airways Flight from Vienna to Mumbai on 29th Oct 2017.

Our Baggage got Delayed by 2 days & caused a lot of inconvenience.
After arriving at Mumbai, 2 check-in bags went missing and hence we lodged a PIR report with Etihad.

We are on a visit to India on the occasion of marriage. Since we had to spend 2 days without the baggages and we faced some problems since we didn't have the items:
We incurred some financial problems because we had to purchase clothing for 2 days.
Our outstation taxi was cancelled (cancellation charges were huge) and we had to book a new taxi because of the delay in the airport baggage counter.
Also, the most important thing is that our 2 'American Tourister bags' (with TSA locks) number-locks are broken. I cannot use the locks anymore.

I regret to inform you that I received a mediocre assistance at the airport.
I request you to provide us the required compensation for the above mentioned issues (as per the European Union code, as we are Austrian Residents).

Please note that I have not received any response after sending mails to [protected]@etihad.ae and [protected]@etihad.ae . It's been some days now.

Eagerly waiting for your reply.

• Resolution statement

• Updated by Vineeth Panji, Nov 14, 2017

Please note that I mailed [protected]@etihad.ae regarding my concern the next day after my arrival. Yet there is no response.

• Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Nov 15, 2017

Hello Vineeth, you may provide us your email address and we will check if the Baggage Claims Team has received your complaint. *Ela

• Updated by Vineeth Panji, Nov 19, 2017

Hi,
    My email Id is [protected]@gmail.com

• Updated by Vineeth Panji, Nov 25, 2017

No response from Etihad yet. Pathetic service.

• Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Nov 25, 2017

Dear Vineeth,

We can see that your Baggage Claim has been received and is currently being processed. Your RQID number is 594678.

Thank you. *Rose