Etihad Airways

Posted: Nov 14, 2017 by

baggage delayed by 2 days and damaged.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I(Mr.Vineeth Panji) and Mrs.Saraswati Shirsangi took Etihad Airways Flight from Vienna to Mumbai on 29th Oct 2017.

Our Baggage got Delayed by 2 days & caused a lot of inconvenience.
After arriving at Mumbai, 2 check-in bags went missing and hence we lodged a PIR report with Etihad.

We are on a visit to India on the occasion of marriage. Since we had to spend 2 days without the baggages and we faced some problems since we didn't have the items:
We incurred some financial problems because we had to purchase clothing for 2 days.
Our outstation taxi was cancelled (cancellation charges were huge) and we had to book a new taxi because of the delay in the airport baggage counter.
Also, the most important thing is that our 2 'American Tourister bags' (with TSA locks) number-locks are broken. I cannot use the locks anymore.

I regret to inform you that I received a mediocre assistance at the airport.
I request you to provide us the required compensation for the above mentioned issues (as per the European Union code, as we are Austrian Residents).

Please note that I have not received any response after sending mails to feedback@etihad.ae and baggageclaims@etihad.ae . It's been some days now.

Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Etihad AirwaysEtihad AirwaysEtihad AirwaysEtihad Airways

Updated by Vineeth Panji, Nov 14, 2017
Please note that I mailed feedback@etihad.ae regarding my concern the next day after my arrival. Yet there is no response.
Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Nov 15, 2017
Hello Vineeth, you may provide us your email address and we will check if the Baggage Claims Team has received your complaint. *Ela
Updated by Vineeth Panji, Nov 19, 2017
Hi,
My email Id is vineethpanji@gmail.com
Updated by Vineeth Panji, Nov 25, 2017
No response from Etihad yet. Pathetic service.
Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Nov 25, 2017
Dear Vineeth,

We can see that your Baggage Claim has been received and is currently being processed. Your RQID number is 594678.

Thank you. *Rose
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country Austria Complaint category Airlines

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree