[Resolved] Etihad Airways / 24 hour, flight delay, > 48 hours, baggage delay lack of ownership during transit rude transfer staff

Pakistan Review updated:

Hi,
This travel with the Etihad airways was by far the worst experience I've ever had with any airline. The flight was late, the transfer desk crew was rude and uncooperative, and nobody was ready to take responsibility of ‘their' passenger. This was shocking for me as I considered this airline at par with the better airlines.
This is what happened.
I had reserved return ticket from Lahore to Manchester, and back via airline reservation code "WKDNQF". And reservation code "WTGVBE".
My return was planned on 4th of August. But as I had a long list of patients to be operated upon; I gave them a go-ahead for and early date of booking for surgery, and my appraisal for job contract next year; only after reserving and confirming my ticket on an earlier flight, paying 60, 000 PKR extra for this date transfers. That turned out to be a virtual nightmare for me.
I checked well in time for the flight, however, the flight from Manchester to Dusseldorf got hold up for hours in a manner that when I reached the airport in Dusseldorf my connecting flight to AbuDhabi was missed and I was stranded at the airport. I tried contacting FLYBE administration but they refused to cater to the issue. When finally, the Etihad air crew came in at 8 pm they gave me boarding passes for my new flights, I asked specifically to cater for my baggage which was loaded in the earlier flight, they casually said it'd be taken care of. But it proved out that nobody moved a muscle for the issue. So spending so many hours at the airport, getting on a flight to AUH at 2105, rather than the scheduled 1130.
When the flight finally reached AUH, there was another cold shoulder waiting for me, I explained my situation to the guy at the transfer desk, he refused to take any notice of it saying that it was not Etihad flight so they are not responsible for any compensation, I asked him that I've come off an eithad flight and now gonna board another of your flight that is 16 hours of time in transit. At least provide me some hotel stay or cater for my needs at the airport. But he bluntly refused saying that its none of the airline's business. I wonder how?
Now, after that grueling humiliation I finally boarded the flight to Lahore. And reaching there was another surprise for me. My baggage was still in Dusseldorf.
And that means, I reached my destination with a delay of 24 hours, which I had to spend at the airport because the airline was not taking responsibility of their passenger. Despite the request I made to your staff My baggage has been delayed. I missed my appraisal for job, the hospital and patients are threatening to sue me for such irresponsibility, where I was delayed by the incompetence of the staff. Moreover, the emotional trauma of being left at the airport in such a manner that the airline did not provide me for the basic rights of travel as declared for the flights operating and originating in EU.

Munib ur Rehman.

• Resolution statement

• Updated by Munib Rehman, Aug 01, 2018

Furthermore, i have tried a number of times to lodge this compliant on the Etihad airways website. but to no avail. as i finish the form and try submitting it, the next page doesnt load.

• Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Aug 05, 2018

Hello Munib, we are sorry to hear about this issue. Please send the experience to [protected]@etihad.ae so that our team can look into this case. If you haven't received your baggage by now please send us your baggage reference (PIR) number in a private message and we will look into it. Thank you. *Marc

• Updated by Munib Rehman, Aug 07, 2018

i have mailed complant at the said address!!!

• Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Aug 08, 2018

Thank you, our team will then get back to you within a few days. *Marc

Mu