EthosForGas / Failed to comply with rebate

1 14100 Walsingham Rd Suite 36#12Largo, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-514-0366

They promised if I bought $79.00 of their product, they would send four rebates of $25.00 each. They also charged a $5.00 registration fee to be refunded with the last $25.00 rebated. Their promise was to rebate a maximum of $25.00 per month if the rebate form was sent in each month with receipts for $100.00 of gas purchases. After several calls for my July 2008 rebate, I finally got it in September 2008. After several more calls I got my August 2008 rebate in November 2008. I on November 19, 2008 about the September 2008 rebate and was told by Nick that the rebate had been mailed, but the mail truck had an accident and my rebate was on that truck. He also said that the rebate card was cancelled and that a new one would be mailed. How they would know that a mail truck had had an accident, let alone the fact that my rebate card was on that particular truck is beyond my comprehension. Never the less, I did receive the August 2008 rebate a few days later. I called on December 3, 2008 about the September rebate and talked to James. He told me the remaining two rebates had been mailed along with $5.00 registration fee. I called again on January 20, 2009 and was told by Nova that I would received everything they owed me no later than January 31, 2009. I called again on February 2, 2009 and was told by Michele everything had been straightened out with my account and that I would receive my last two $25.00 rebates and the $5.00 registration. She assured me that everything had been approved and I would get my money by February 20, 2009. Needless to say today is February 25, 2009 and I have not received any of their promised mail. I tried to call them again today and got a recording that I had dial an invalid number. I tried it again to make sure I had dialed correctly and got the same recording.

Comments

Ke
  28th of Feb, 2009
EthosForGas - No refund or gift cards
Westfield
New Jersey
Phone: 908-232-4862

I also bought and paid the registration of 5 dallars to ethos for gas. I send over 100 dallars worth of exxon gas receites to ethos. And for each one, I was suppose to get 25.00 dallars for each month. I sent in july, aug, sept and oct. CALLED THEM 3 TIMES!! And they said each time that they were being prossesed. Well, its February 28, 2009. How long does one have to wait. We should all continue to call them and write them til we get what is ours. I did everhting they asked me to do. I was very carefull to follow the exact directions too. I bought ethos for 79.00. And to tell you all the truth, it did'nt increase my mileage. After every oil change I added 6 oz to the oil. and added to the gas 1 oz per gallon. And I had no results. My mileage is the same. I just want either the gift cards they owe me, or pay me back the 79.00 and the 5 dallars . What can I do? What will you do? Are you all going to let this go? Well, I will keep on calling them. And if anything good happens, I will return here to report it.

Ro
  3rd of Mar, 2009

i have had the same problem since june. First they said there computer crashed but every thing was in erder and my rebates would be put in the mail. never got them. In jan. i was told we were sorry but they had so mush business that they were behind and said they would definetly receive them by the end of feb, and they were even going to send a extra one for my inconvence. Tried to call and get invalid no.

Ro
  3rd of Mar, 2009
EthosForGas - No gas cards
powerful life inc
Illinois
support@thegassecret.com

Offered rebates for gas and took a 5 dollar registration fee which was not refunded. Should get 4 $25.00 rebates and did not get anything.Contacted them several times and was told several times they would be in the mail. In Jan they assured me they would get to me by end of FEb along with 1 extra 25 dollar rebate for my incovence. Havent got a thing. Now the phone is invaled and are unable to reach them on the internet. Something should be done to stop this kind oa advertising . This is a Fraud

St
  26th of Jun, 2010

I agree with the other complaints. I followed exactly the instructions during purchasing the product EthosGas, then paid a fee $5.00, sent all redemption vouchers as required and I had gotten nothing!!! Shame of them!! Richard