Ethos For Gas Vouchers / Non payment of Visa Gift Cards for payment receipts for gas

1 14100 Walshingham Road, Suite 36, Box 12Largo, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-328-8355 or 727-596-6913

Company information:
Ethos For Gas Vouchers or FreeBeeGas
14100 Walsingham Road, Suite 36, Box 12
Largo, Florida 33774
Phone: [protected] or [protected] or [protected]
www.ethosforgas.com or www.freebeegas.com

As required from the rules of Ethos For Gas, I sent off my receipt information in early February 2008 (I already had $100 in receipts from the same gas station) and I followed all the rules- (send in the original receipts, the same brand of gas)- as of many of you did.

I received one Visa gift card of $25.00 on 4/25/08, but I'm stilled owed $75.00 for the other three months of receipts that I sent off and I'm told repeatly for the last 6 monthsthat they are in the mail.

I just spoke to a representative on 1/7/08 and he assured me that I should received the Visa gift cards in 1-2 weeks. (YEAH RIGHT!)

I know that this is a scam and everyone should be aware and don't think that you will be getting anything from this company!)

Comments

• Ra
      27th of Jan, 2009

I experienced the same thing, I have submitted my "vouchers" and receipts but have received only 1 gift card. I guess I should be thankful I received it. When I ordered the product it promised a 200% money-back guarantee which never materialized either. This stuff is a rip-off. I should have known better.

• Tr
      4th of Feb, 2009

I wish that I had gotten even one $25.00 gas voucher card! It was Al Unser Jr.'s endorsement that sold the Ethos product for me. His father, who stood behind Al Jr. in the Ethos promo photo, Al Unser senior, 4 time Indy 500 champ, promoted ProLong AFMT, and IT REALLY WORKS! Oh well, at least I can say I trusted someone to the tune of $75.00! I can tell you that the crap never did help my mileage. In fact, I LOST ~10% fuel economy (MPG). My wife tried to warn me...

• Fr
      12th of Feb, 2009

i also sent in all the gas receipts starting in august 2008 but i never received any gas cards. every time i called they said it was being processed and i should receive them soon. today i called and there phone number has been disconnected.
    1-800-514-0366.

12th of Feb, 2009

i sent in gas recips from august september october november all for 100.00 or more per month ihave recieve nothing is this a rip off no gas cards ishould off had atotal off 130.00 comeing smithjacksm1938@AOL.COM

12th of Feb, 2009

i sent gas receipts for august septemeber october and november all over 100.00 dollars nogas cards ishould have 130.00 comeing

• Ke
      12th of Feb, 2009

I have sent gas receipts from June, July Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, and Jan 2009 and have received emails stated they received my receipts, so far I have received I gift card and have made several calls and they keep telling me that I will receive my cards. I still use the product in our vehicles, we have a 06 Honda Civic and we used get 39 to 40 miles per gal, using the product we average 44 to 46 miles per gal my other vehicles had little or no gain in miles. I would be nice if these companies would live up to what they say and stop trying to scam customers trying to save a buck.

13th of Feb, 2009

I finally got the vouchers after almost 6months of trying to reach someone. Emails constantly are undeliverable. I sent in receipts from Aug, Sept, Oct. and Nov. No gas cards received. Last spoke to them 1/15/09. Now phone # not working. I also found I got somewhat better gas mileage at the start, now it has decreased by at least 2 miles/gallon. What to do?

15th of Feb, 2009

I've had the same issues- I did however stay on them and at Christmas received April May and July visa gift cards, which was NICE---they still owe me August September October and December... Here's what's happening, ForEarth has been dropped from the ETHOS program- ETHOS is going on their own, so those of you who are distributors with ForEarth, contact Marie Bennett at http://mariebennett.com/blog/
    Get on her mailing list- the new Ethos program is to be released in 4-6 weeks., they will remedy the gas voucher issues... (Ethos will be cheaper too, because they're going direct with manufacturer)

• As
      19th of Feb, 2009

This blogs clears it up: http://www.theethoschallenge.com/blog/the-truth-about-ethos-for-gas-vouchers-or-lack-of.html

• Ji
    Largo
    Florida
    Phone: 1-800-514-0366
    ethosforgas.com

I followed the directions, paid $5 service charge and received nothing. I called 3 times and was told that the cards were still being process or that the cards were to be shipped out next week which was 2 months ago at the time of this writting. What do I do -- Better Business Bureau, get the $5 off my AmEx card? I called today (Feb 20, 2009) and 1-800-514-0366 is no longer a valid number!

20th of Feb, 2009

same thing, same company, doing business under different name. There have been over 1160 complaints on this issue the BBB has dealt with. You can view the BBB report at

• Ke
      28th of Feb, 2009

don't give up people! We all have to keep trying to get our vouchers!! I will continue to do so.

2nd of Mar, 2009

The list grows with me too. Total rip off. Phones cut off, web sites shut down. No card/vouchers yet for me either since AUG of '08, not one. The product itself is suspect to me too. Since using it, I never saw an increase in my mileage per gallon and/or tank. Plus within 6months of using this product, it actaully costs me for a Cat Converter. It was totally clogged! Buyer Beware is all I can say. I guess I'm out the gift cards, the $5 refundable fee to initiate the vouchers, and $850 for the Cat Converter. uugghhh..

7th of Mar, 2009

I have been trying to stay on top of this ethos thing for a while. I'm one of the lucky ones that got almost half of the amount promised. After extensive searching I was able to find this web site,
    It gave me a little comfort that we might actually see something down the road. But I'm still not gonna hold my breath.

• Re
      12th of Apr, 2009

a similar outfit is at work here in (a western state).

I have a date to tour their facility on Tuesday. "By invitation only" I'm told.

I'm giving away the certificates with products I'm selling so even if the customer only gets ONE Card (I know that's not the deal) then no one has taken a loss, including me, since the certificates cost me less than 20 bucks each.

• St
      20th of May, 2009

I suggest that we contact the Florida Better Business Bureau and file a formal complaint for fraud with the State of Florida. I believe there are thousands of individuals that bought into their lie. My Name is Steve Johnson I live in Sacramento, Calif. I can be contacted at (916)616-4926. I am not an Atty. but have worked in the legal field for 21 years.

• Do
      24th of May, 2009

I submitted all my gas receipts for the 3 out of the 4 months and was sent one letter saying they received the receipts and would be receiving the gift card within 2 weeks. It has been several months and I still have not recieved one card. What a rip off - to get you to try their product and they don't follow through with their end of the bargain. They should be reported to the better buisness bureau.

25th of Jan, 2010

same thing happened to me. i'm still so mad about the whole situation because half the reason i bought the dumb product was because i figured i would get the money back in free gas. half the time i would have to drive around to waste more gas just so that i could meet the required amount for the vouchers that i never received. i emailed them time and again and NOTHING ever got sent to me :( it's been almost a year and a half now! what an absolute scam!!!

• Go
      14th of Feb, 2010

More of the same. It was a scam to get gas cards and they should be prosecuted to the fullest exent of the law. Be wary they are back as EcoMates!