Ethan Allen / Breach of contract-Unacceptable delay!

1 Redmond, WA, United States

I had placed an order for a sofa and chairs on May 1st, 2010 and was very clearly told that the delivery would occur in a maximum time period of 12 weeks "most probably sooner".Half of my order(chairs and pillows) were delivered within this time frame, however 18 weeks later I still do not have my Sofa and feel like I have been held hostage as I cannot cancel my order and buy it elsewhere since the chairs are already delivered.I recived an update on July 11th stating that there is a production delay and I should expect my delivery by mid August.

I followed up with a phone call to the manager (Denise Nappier) on Aug 3rd and after giving me a list of excuses and having the audacity of saying "We have atleast delivered the chairs within the 12 week period", she sent an apologetic email offering me a 10 % discount and promising a call from the delivery people latest by Sep 7th.I did not recieve any intimation from them and I sent an email on the 7th with no courtesy of a response. I then recieved a response on the 9th of Sep saying that my sofa is in transit (11 days later still no sign of delivery !)This has ruined our whole experience of buying furniture and honestly had I had the slightest idea that it would take 18 weeks to deliver furniture, I would have bought it elsewhere.

When I was promised 12 weeks it should have factored in various possible reasons for delay, but having to wait an additional 6 weeks (for some fabric delay or something) is absolutely unacceptable and a breach of contract. I would appreciate any help possible and would expect a reputable organization like Ethan Allen to be more accountable for their actions.

Ar