Ethan Allen New Impressions Dining Table / Poor Quality / Poor Customer Service

1 GA, United States Review updated:

I purchased a $900 Ethan Allen New Impressions Dining Table in November 2007, thinking that this table would be of tremendous quality that would last a lifetime.
Within two months the finished surface of the table began to blister and crack, revealing unfinished wood beneath. When I called Ethan Allen they told me to use a pen to color the unstained wood. I did that and it looked terrible.
I called Ethan Allen Service Center here in Atlanta since the Ethan Allen Store where I bought the table shut down. They sent out a technician to look at the table. It was obvious as this man came through my front door, not even saying "hello", that he had no intention of backing any warranty. Four days later I got a call saying that the technician and the customer service manager "reviewed the pictures" and determined that "it was not under warantee." Surprise! Surprise! They told me that I put something hot on the table (I did not). They refuse to take responsibility for shoddy workmanship. They must have rampant complaints and in order to actually stay in business, must ignore them.

Ethan Allen is NOT "Your Mom's Ethan Allen"

Comments

• El
      13th of Aug, 2008

I was laid off from thid company 06/18/2008 so now I have no secrets. Write to Farooq Kathwari directly and they will probably take care of you

• Db
      7th of Feb, 2016

How do I get to Farooq Kathwari?