Ethan Allen / Leather sofas and chair - defective leather

McKnight Road, Wexford, PA, United States Review updated:

We purchased 2 sofas, a recliner and 2 ottomans all in leather. After several months, the dye began to rub off the cushions, edge piping and on the seams, turning the deep brown color to bright orange. WE notified Ethan Allen around month 8, and they admitted that the leather was defective and replaced the entire set, indicating that they resolved the leather issue. Now after another 12 months, the new set is doing the same thing. The dye on the piping is rubbing off, there are patches of dye rubbed off the cushions and the seams on the cushions showing a nice bright orange. Ethan Allen says it is too late, the 1 year warranty is expired. The manager said to try to file a claim with Guardsmen, the extended warranty that we purchased. But this will not be covered as it is not an incident of damage, but DEFECTIVE LEATHER! We paid over $16000 for these leather items. Please beware of Ethan Allen!! I have owned leather sofas since 1980 from less expensive vendors and NEVER have seen this happen!

Ch
Feb 13, 2016

Comments

• Ge
      28th of Jan, 2018

Same issues with a $7000 sofa I purchased within the same time frame! I’m on sofa number 3 and now the same issues have surfaced. They’ve agreed this time to replace the leather cushion covers but not the sofa. However, now I’ve found the fading and piping cracking on the arms of the piece so only a new sofa will be acceptable to me. The customer svc is superb here but I want a sofa that represents the money that I paid for it. The sofa should hold up and last for decades at this price.