Ethan Allen / Customer service

Tri-county Mall, Cincinnati, OH, United States Review updated:

I am writing on behalf of my 84 year old Mother. She was shopping at Ethan Allen for a chair. The salesperson took advantage of her. She told the salesperson about her bad back, and the salesperson said she had the same problems with her back. She told my Mother that ever since she started sleeping on her Ethan Allen mattress the pain has miraculously vanished! She talked my Mother into buying the same mattress. My mother was confused and ordered a queen size instead of a full size, which is what she needed. When it was delivered she recognized the error. The delivery man said that the error would be corrected and to keep the queen while the full would be ordered. So she has been sleeping for months on a queen mattress on top of a full box spring. The next day she called the woman who waited on her and the woman assured Mom that "they will make it right.". After numerous phone calls to ethan allen spanning weeks, they finally called her back and said that they cannot take back or replace her mattress because it has been used. My mom was told they would replace it by two people, the delivery man and the saleswoman. I have filed a complaint with the bbb and intend to file numerous complaints with other agencies. Has anyone else had similar experiences with this Cincinnati oh ethan allen? Any advice?

Comments

• Gp
      24th of Jan, 2010

Worst experience we’ve had with a merchant since moving to Miami. Their 6-8 week delivery promise turned out to be 17 weeks.

In early September we ordered a large sectional couch as the centerpiece for the living room of our new home
    The salesperson said she would get us a delivery in time for family visits Thanksgiving. It didn’t arrive then nor for Christmas or New Year’s

Calling constantly did get us a scruffy, ghastly old loaner sofa in mid December. The personnel at the local store were generally unresponsive to nasty . Especially when we had to solve a paperwork error (theirs).

• Rm
      1st of Feb, 2010

I came to this board too late and I have a pending order with Ethan Allen since September. Everything noted in this complained is happening to me. And, you will be sorry if you deal with this company design center and customer service. They are very fast to charge you for deposit, but you will be run around when it comes to getting your order. I have been waiting for this order since Sept and last news is that the chair for the dining room may come in March.

For all of you out there, be careful who you dealing with, they are pro and trained on dismissing you and they push you from design center to customer service with no results.

• At
      1st of Nov, 2012

We also had a horrible experience with Ethan Allen in the store in Springdale Ohio! We ordered 13, 000 worth of furniture and did not get it in when they had told us it would be in. Sales people were also very rude and unwilling to help or make it better! Very Unprofessional! When we tried to cancel order we were told we would have to pay 15% of our bill to cancel when clearly our order wasnt going to be delivered on time.. Finally after 8 months of waiting for our order when they said it would be ready in 2 our order came.. Needless to say we WILL NOT be going to by anything from Ethan Allen again!