eTeacHerhebrew / Deceitful, high pressure sales tactics, failure to disclose cancellation policy, not competent

Tel Aviv or Ramat Gan Israel, Israel Review updated:

I am familiar with the ancient semitic languages and wanted to perfect my grammar and practice. I requested a call and got another high sales pitch from a woman who came across as friendly and more honest than previous sales reps. But still, I was stunned to find I was being tricked again.

it's my fault for trusting the eTeacherHebrew sales tactics because I had a hugely expensive and deceitful experience three years ago. But I had been told that they're changed their customer service staff who were now supposedly more honest and competent. Big mistake.

eTeacherHebrew claims to teach bibical Hebrew and Aramaic, but they do NOT. They teach everything with a modern Hebrew accent and pronunciation which is not even based on older Hebrew, less yet authentic Biblical Hebrew or Aramaic. Modern Hebrew is heavily influenced Germanic-French traits and it was invented by Europeans to make it easy to learn quickly. It's a dumbed down version of older Hebrew (not even as far back as Biblical).

Do not be deceived. Do NOT give them a credit card number or you will be out of luck until you've changed your credit card number and ensured your credit card company rejects their efforts to keep billing you.

This company may have a few good people as teachers but even they do not know whether or not they've been taught true ancient or biblical hebrew.

The way they promote themselves at eTeacherHebrew is very tempting. But do not be tricked. Ultimately, the only thing they're competent to teach is modern Hebrew but you can often get that for free online or for a very small fee and you are likely to get a far better learning experience with more honest offers online. Do not fall for the eTeacherHebrew trap.

Et
Mar 01, 2016

Comments

• Do they on the Facebook? I can't find them... they clear my bank account. No reply to emails or to my online personal page with them.