Estate Planning, Inc. / Estate Planning inc is the biggest rip off ever in our industry!

Estate Planning inc is the biggest rip off ever in our industry! Mark Philips and his band of thieves are at it again, under a new name. American marketing insurance ripped off many of us in the industry. Once we all knew of Mark, Neil and the gang, they formed annuity concepts, and now estate planning inc! Unfortunately, I have been taken twice now because of their name change, and they wont even return my calls. Neil answers the phone only when i use *67. Then is rude and nobody calls, ever. Appointments are same as always, people have no idea why im there? Or im supposed to drop off a brochure, again? Its horrible! Burning gas and wasting time. They should be in jail! We are forming a group of agents who have been ripped off by this band of thieves! If you want in, or to find out all details call me [protected], I would be happy to share the truth before more agents waste their money to those ###! Why else do they require mailing a check instead credit card? Because they know all of us will be steaming mad when you reach your 10th door or so, only to be yelled at by a senior who has no idea why your there.

Va

More Estate Planning, Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Da
      14th of Mar, 2007

Estate Planning, Inc. is a scam. They never even called the people they claimed to have set appts with. They just gave me a random name and address of a retiree and then refused to take my calls when I figured out what they were up to.

• Mi
      29th of Mar, 2007

Yes, these folks are crooks. I saw the red flags, but thought the potential payoff would be worth the risk of even a few excellent, high net worth appointments. Alas, not only were the appointments fake, they were potentially quite damaging. The phone solicitors lied to the prospects that they actually represented the Hartford Insurance Company and pretended to have personal information about their accounts. On the first appointment I was thrown out upon telling them that I was an independent financial adviser. It made no sense to me at the time, but in retrospect, they most likely originally thought I was from The Hartford. The second appointment calmed down after answering the door in an outrage. They almost called the police, as they demanded that no one be sent to their home. It was from these people that I learned of the fraudulent manner the appointments were set. I called the next appointment to find a similar story. That gentleman also specifically told them that he did not want an appointment and thanked me for calling first.

There is no integrity with this company. They are aware that they aren't doing good business and don't care. If you've sent them a check, put a stop payment on it if you can. They are likely banking on the fact that no one will find it worthwhile to sue them over between $1,00 and $2,000. Perhaps if enough of us get together something can be accomplished. I left a message just now with Allan Cruickshank (727-389-3941), who is apparently trying to do that.

• Mi
      29th of Mar, 2007

Sub: These people are crooks!!!

I saw the red flags, but thought the potential payoff would be worth the risk of even a few excellent, high net worth appointments. Alas, not only were the appointments fake, they were potentially quite damaging to my reputation. The phone solicitors lied to the prospects that they actually represented the Hartford Insurance Company and pretended to have personal information about their accounts. On the first appointment I was thrown out upon telling them that I was an independent financial adviser. It made no sense to me at the time, but in retrospect, they most likely originally thought I was from The Hartford. The second appointment calmed down after answering the door in an outrage. They almost called the police, as they demanded to the phone solicitor that no one be sent to their home. It was from these people that I learned of the fraudulent manner the appointments were set. I called the next appointment to find a similar story. That gentleman also specifically told them that he did not want an appointment and thanked me for calling first.

I did attempt to resolve this with them and obtain a refund. Let me just say that it wasn't a profitable exercise. The last fellow I spoke with, Mark Christensen, launched into how much money he makes people with his appointments (supposedly manages the call center) and how I must not know how to do my job if I can't make money with him.

There is no integrity with this company. They are aware that they aren't doing good business and don't care. If you've sent them a a check, put a stop payment on it if you can. They are likely banking on the fact that no one will find it worthwhile to sue them over between $1,000 and $2,500. I'm adding a complaint to the Better Business Bureau website now. There were none there before, but now some exist. I'm also submitting a complaint to the Attorney General's Office of Consumer Affairs in California. Further, I will be letting Hartford know about their marketing tactics. If you've been taken, I suggest that out of public responsibility you make public complaints as well. Maybe others will be saved from this grief.

• Lo
      25th of Apr, 2007

Wow... I thought that I just ran into a bad batch of appointment setters, when the first three appointments were 1) not LTC 2) not home 3) upset that I even came to their house, but after 4) same as #3, and 5) not even close to my area (1.25 hours in one direction) and not home when I called... (I wasn't about to drive to yet another bad appointment.

I didn't actually know it was Estate Planning, Inc (which is how I found these complaints) until this afternoon, after I called Shannon Davis. I had previously sent 2 emails and called (with no answer) several times.

Theoretically, "new leads in the EXACT areas you have requested have come in, I just put them in your file and will be in use tomorrow".

I guess I'll wait & see, and make the best of what comes. I'm certainly planning on receiving 30 fully qualified leads who are expecting me before I consider this contract fulfilled.

• Ca
      25th of Apr, 2007

Estate Planning, Inc. - worse situation ever!!.. And REFUSING to refund.. appointments are BOGUS.. BOGUS appointments are being replaced with BOGUS appointments... Reps grossly mis-represented.. Even my marketing rep after 1st week of horrendous bad appointments commented, I would be asking for a refund.. Now, company is refusing to refund and yet I have not signed any contract.. Did anyone sign a contract?? I sent $2,400 .. of money desperately needed..

• Ri
      9th of Oct, 2007

We need to find these people and prosecute anyone in, ricktr@aol.com.

• Ri
      9th of Oct, 2007

This type of theft should be reported to the local police so they can prosecute, any amount over 1000 dollars is a felony and they will act on it. Rick T.

• Ca
      28th of Jun, 2009

These types of people deserve to be paid for there deeds.
    ...