The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

Essex Lending Group / Fraud

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

I had followed the directions of Adam Cohen of Essex Lending Group after speaking to him on the phone and receiving the "Loan Agreement". ( I was looking for a loan to buy a foreclosed house).
He told me that I would need to send $1870.00 as collateral to get the loan of $30, 000 that I had been approved for. I sent the money gram for $1915.40 ( $1870.00 plus $45.00 to send it), to Douglas M. Ranney, in Farnia Canada, who I was told was the lender who was giving me the loan. In the agreement I was to pay back $257.50/month for 120 months. The $30, 000 was to be directly deposited into my account within 24 hours.
Several days went by and I could not contact anyone, finally the supervisor, I was told, named Mark had called requesting an additional $1000.00 because the lender needed it to reaffirm my decision to pay back the loan because of my "less than perfect" credit. He reassured me I would have the loan within 2 hours. I did not receive anything. I called and spoke to Mark on about 4occasions demanding my money back because everything he had told me was a lie. He said that I would receive all of my money including the cost of transfer by certified check 7 to 10 business days. I have not received anything and now the number that I used to contact them is not a working number. Is there anyone who can help me get my money back and make sure that this does not happen to anyone else?

Sort by: UpDate | Rating


  • Da
      13th of Feb, 2009
    0 Votes

    Essex lending group offered me a 5, 000 loan with an upfront collateral payment of 945 then requested a second payment of 945 and assured me that my loan would be directly deposited into my bank account within 3 hours it has not been and they never return phone calls i expressed my concern to them about possible fraud and I still have heard nothing from them. I need my money back.

  • Ti
      23rd of Jun, 2010
    0 Votes

    The Best thing to start if you have not been told already, is to contact your States Attorney General's Office with your complaint and substanciated infomration.

    If you want something done at the bottom, start at the top.

  • Ti
      23rd of Jun, 2010
    0 Votes

    If you need something done at the bottom, start at the top.

    Contact your states Attorney Generals Office with your complaint and full substanciated informaiton.

Post your comment