Essentials Gold / citicard advantage

1 Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

I got scammed by essentials gold as well! I noticed charges on my citicard from essentials gold and i called them. As soon as I asked about my "membership" told them I never joined, the phone went dead. I called back several times and no one answered?? not even a voicemail?? I then called citicards and they were able to get a "supervior" on the phone from essentials gold as well as the representative from cititcards. The supervisor from essentials gold told me I joined through a 3rd party.. a representative from citicards had enrolled me via me being on the phone?? I NEVER JOINED !! I asked both of them for any proof? signed documents? email? phone conversation/ records? they both told me I would have to write a letter.

I just experienced this the other day, needless to say I am furious! I went online to see who and what this company was about.. I found one website/ blog after another about how they are scamming people!

To add more insult.. they both reprimanded me for not looking at my statements in more detail!! what does this have to do with the fact that this is THEFT! Shame on Citibank! do they not see these complaints online??

I am currently working on obtaining a law firm to see if this could possibly be a Class Action law suit. If anyone has any similar experiences please contact me at mlim2020@yahoo.com

Ml

Comments

• Sk
      1st of Feb, 2010
    Essentials Gold - CitiBank Charge

I had a $209 membership fee charged to my citibank card which was bogus. When I called the company they both both rude and unhelpful. I have complained to citibank but that has not helped as of yet as they asked me to file a written complaint