Essendon Nissan / customer service complaint

1 144 - 160 Keilor Rd EssendonEssendon, Victoria, Australia Review updated:
Phone: 9379 6643

I am writing to inform of a recent experience of mine that falls into the category of "poor" Customer Service management by the Nissan Motor Company. I have detailed the history of events below and am extremely disappointed and surprised at how 'Casual' my concerns have been accepted by the organization in question - Nissan Motors Essendon.

My issue relates to a Major Service I had performed on my Nissan Pathfinder back in January 2008. Upon picking up the vehicle there were a couple of issues I noticed had not been fixed or raised for report by the Service Department, these issues being:

a). The handbrake light remaining on when the handbrake had been released.

b). The accelerator pedal sticking when initially engaged and taking off forcing the driver to apply above normal force.

c). The alignment seemed to be out as the vehicle was pulling to the left.

None of the above issues were reported to me when I picked up the vehicle therefore I called the Service Department and reported them for note for my next service.

Following the above on the 19th February my wife was driving the vehicle to collect the kids from school. Upon trying to re-start the vehicle after arriving at the school the car would not start. We called the RACV who discovered that the Battery Cells were 'bone' dry and that we required a new battery which we subsequently purchased. This was annoying considering that a major service includes checking of battery cell water levels.

The following day (20th February) I called Nissan Essendon and reported my concerns to a person by the name of Teresa in the Service Department. I was told I would receive a call from the Service Manager. I received a voice message from the Service Manger the following day and returned the call and left another message due to him not being available.

By the 22nd February I had not received a return call from the Service Manager therefore called again, only to be told he was not available. I therefore explained by issue again to another gentlemen who showed enormous empathy and advised he would ensure the Service Manager would call me back.

By the 25th February I still had not received a call from Essendon Nissan's Service Manager so called the 'Head Office' Customer Relationship Department. I spoke to a lady with an Irish accent and once again explained my frustration, only to be told that she would investigate the issue and ensure I received a call to resolve. This did not eventuate.

By the 27th February and feeling extremely frustrated with the lack of attention or care from anyone at Nissan I called the Head Office Customer Relationship Department again. This time I spoke to a person by the name of Lance, who advised he was the Manager of the area. Once again I explained my issue and frustration but was told that it was an issue for Essendon Nissan only and that Nissan Head Office had no jurisdiction over matters that relate to Service Issues. I was given the name of the Owner of Essendon Nissan - Tony Sitch and advised to call him.

I called Tony Sitch on the 28th February and once again went through the story to explain my issue, concerns and the frustration and disappointment I was feeling. Tony was very sympathetic on the telephone and after a lengthy discussion advised he would speak with the Service Department and call me back.

As it sits today is the 13th March and I have had absolutely no response from Tony Sitch or anyone at Nissan whatsoever.

I think I have been completely reasonable and justified in my complaint and am absolutely disgusted at how seriously it has been treated and at the poor level of customer service I have received.

Prior to this event I have always had a high regard for the Nissan Motor Company since purchasing my Nissan Pathfinder in 2002. I have continuously taken the vehicle to Essendon Nissan for the required services and have never had any previous complaints. However I am appalled at the events of this situation and at the disregard I have received from the Nissan Motor Company in relation to this complaint. I feel that the issues raised in relation to the vehicle are not nitpicking but are safety concerns (alignment and accelerator pedal sticking), in addition to the lack of quality and attention to detail I feel has been applied during the vehicle service resulting in damage to the car battery.

I am writing this communication out or pure frustration and principle and to make people aware of my experience with Nissan, and more importantly Essendon Nissan.

Customer Service standards are obviously not high priority with Nissan as evident above, however I'll let you be the judge.

Kind Regards

Doug

Va

Comments

• Re
      4th of Apr, 2009

Writer I feel your pain, I purchase a 2004 Nissan Titan...first generation vehicle. My issue is they knew it was a design concern with the front brake system, and they were not resolved be the vehicle went into production. So at 15-20 thousand miles the truck started shimmering real bad when the brakes are applied, at that I was training for deployment to IRAQ with the 3BCT (Brigade Combat Team) in support of OIF IV. They did issue a recall on the brakes, but all the did was turn the and replaced the pads...the problem wasn't fixed. I left for IRAQ in Dec. 2005, now before I left several calls was made to the NISSAN North America Office at the 1-800-NISSAN1 number. I must say I like the Nissan Vehicle, but as for the customer care the need great improvement. All I ask is for them to take care of the customer need, and have some honor. That what I did when I wore the US Army uniform for 25 years then retired, so companies like this can treat people like me the nation defender as if my issues doesn't matter.

Once a proud customer,
    Defender

• Di
      11th of Mar, 2010

hello i live in the Caribbean .i buy a nissan frontier 2006 ax diesel. from our local dueler sint martin cars from the first service i told them i see oil in the air filter .told me is the pvc and it tock them all most a year to change it .it county new still passing they oil in the air filer.they change it agen i went over and over with the same problem . spoke the management then they make pay a part of the overhaul. they accept that truck have problem.they keep the truck for over 2 mounts in the service center.when i go over to them thay cant find the parts and one set of lies from management .after i got truck back before the warranty on the overhaul was up .the truck .all of the oil in the engine all most burned out.the engine all most broke .i spoke to management agen they keep running me around and after tell me i have to buy a short block for 9000 usd told them thy are crazy.i told them thy no of the problem before the warranty was up .and they refuse to fix it, every time go over the sevice center no one cant tell me eney thing and have hold on like i am a j...if you can help solve this problem with out a fit . my email dionromney@hotmail.com tel 3475277647 or 5995206665 cel

• Vr
      8th of Jun, 2010

Hi Doug, I am having the same problem. I bought a used Mazda 3 off the lot at Nissan in Middletown. I own a 2009 Nissan Versa also that I bought there a year ago. The Mazda was for my daughter so she would be driving something safe. Turns out the power steering intermittently goes out while she is driving it and It intermittently doesn't start. Both of these problems are bulletins on the Mazda site. I spoke with someone from the service dept. I have an extended guarantee. I was told that if the power steering is working when they look at it and it starts when they look at it then they can't fix it. The advice given to me was to allow my 18 year old daughter to drive the car as much as possible until it breaks completely. I'm suppose to let my daughter drive this car and hope she doesnt get killed when the power steering goes out. How compassionate. I wonder if he has any children. The feeling I get from Nissan is we care until we have your money in our pocket. I've watched many car dealerships close in this area I surely hope they are next! I will never deal with Nissan again.