Essence of Argan / essence of argan oil

1 Australia Review updated:

Having seen a pop up advertisement on face book for Essence of Argan Oil endorsed by Lisa Wilkinson (and who I understand is heading the company?), ex Channel 9 Morning show and The Project, I responded to an advertisement for a "Free sample" of Argan Oil. The advertisement stated that all I had to do was pay for shipment.
I provided my credit card details... a little dubious as there is usually a catch however, on the website I could see nothing about a trial period, or any other clauses to the "free sample".

I received the product Monday 17 December... I was concerned as there was no documentation in the package to say that it was in fact a "free sample"

I tried it for a couple of days and found it to be very oily... it didn't absorb into my skin therefore I decided I wouldn't use it anymore. On 21 December I noticed that my master card had been debited for $143.02.

I immediately contacted Essence of Argan to be told that I had been supplied with a full size product and given a 14 day trial. I was told that an email had been sent to me advising me that I had been supplied the full product and I had 14 days to try it out or advise that I did not want it... I did not receive that email... I have searched my in box and also my trash and I did not receive the email. As a back up, I believe there should have been duplicate documentation in the parcel confirming that in fact I had been sent a full size product on a 14 day trial which is not what I had understood from the advertisement.

On the phone, I stated that I hadn't requested that and I did not want to purchase it. I was told that I would have to pay for the product to be send back and also pay a $9 odd fee for processing the credit.

I STRONGLY DISPLUTE THIS COST... IT IS BAD ENOUGH THAT I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE PRODUCT TO BE SENT BACK AS I UNDERSTOOD I WAS GETTING A SAMPLE ONLY FOR FREE!!!

I DO NOT AUTHORISE THE CANCELLATION/CREDIT PROCESSING CHARGE TO BE DEBITED TO MY MASTERCARD. IF THIS HAPPENS I WILL BE TAKING THIS MATTER FURTHER.

I SIGNED UP FOR A FREE SAMPLE ONLY. I DID NOT RECEIVE AN EMAIL STATING THAT I WAS BEING SENT A FULL SIZE PRODUCT ON A 14 DAY TRIAL. I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY DOCUMENTATION WITH THE PRODUCT STATING THAT IT WAS A 14 DAY TRIAL. I WAS NOT GIVEN A 14 DAY TRIAL. I RECEIVED THE PRODUCT ON 17 DECEMBER AND WAS CHARGED FOR IT ON 21 DECEMBER, 2018.

I BELIEVE THIS IS UNSCRUPULOUS, UNETHICAL AND UNPROFESSIONAL BUSINESS PRACTICE. I WILL TAKE THIS FURTHER IF I AM CHARGED A CREDIT PROCESSING FEE

Karen Hearnden

Ka
Dec 26, 2018

Comments

4th of Jan, 2019

I agree 100% with Karen Hearnden's comments ... this exact situation happened to me and the company will take no responsibility or offer any refund as they say I agreed to this when I rang to arrange for the "free" sample + postage cost at my expense which I agreed to.

Margaret Godfrey

• Fu
      16th of Jan, 2019

@Margaret Godfrey2 karen and Margaret, , this also happened to me and i just cannot believe how caniving these people are... i too was sucked in because it was a well know "public figure" standing behind this product etc etc and that it was a free bottle, all yo had to pay was the postage... i ordered the free bottle and paid the postage and as far as i was concerened, , that was suppose to be it but no, long story short they took money out of my bank account without my authorisation on 2 occasions...i am so fuious atm because i looked them up and rang and spoke to them but they refuse to refund my money because they insisted on it was a "trail" bottle and the terms and conditions say that i have agreed to a monthly ongoin subsciption etc etc... I am so careful when it comes to this type of thing BIG TIME, , because i NEVER want to subscibe and commit to anything thats not really important to me... these guys are SO GOOD, , because i, am the type of person, that WILL NOT enter my credit card number to purchase ANYTHING online unless i absolutely scrutinise every single detail i can find on their site... now i did order the sample bottle and clicked onto the next page, and im sure there must have been a "unsubscribe" there somewhere because that would be the ONLY condition i would have accepted for me to continue and complete the transaction...you know even if you do "unsubscribe" which im sure i did, they have just most probably mysteriously (on purpose) lost that part of the transaction, because i was billed! very very cunning, , and you know what, they think we dont have a leg to stand on but i can tell you one thing, , , REST ASSURED, , , i WILL be getting my money back and it will b a lesson they will not forget in a hurry and make them "hopefully" think twice but i doubt it...