EssayWriters.net / online scam

1 1361 Icy Brook DriveHerndon, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 703-7743050

I got fooled by the www.essaywriters.net. This online research company makes tall claims of providing bimonthly payments and amazing support for writers. I worked tirelessly for 48 days and made 36 assignments for them, they kept making excuses at the time of paying me. They tried to tell me that their quality department was checking my completed assignments!

They are very shrewd and cunning, they stop responding to my messages completely. They owe me 1200 USD. I even gave them telephone calls but they kept beating around the bush. Their support representatives are almost spastic and do not understand English at all! If you read their typed messages, they spell waste (refuse) as 'waist' and when they had to message about being paid, they spelt it as 'payed'. I have heard that are actually located somewhere in Ukraine. Some of the made up names of their support representatives are: Lisa Fuller, Kate Smith, Daniel Fireade, Austin Smith, Susan, Helen Mann, Laura, Jessica, Jenny, Andrew. Their supposed president is Steven Lloyd.

The assignments are of school kids or college students who have money to cheat. These people are very notorious, they even stop responding to live chat as well. They are a freelance writers' graveyard. Do not get duped guys... If somebody can help me, I'll really appreciate it.

Do not get trapped, you will curse your as I am doing now :(

Va

Comments

• Ew
      17th of Sep, 2008

Here is what I did:

1. Make a formal complaint to their host Domains by Proxy. Tell them they are hosting a fraudulent website. Better yet, call up DbP but be sure to have a written complaint.

2. Write a similar complaint to the Ukrainian Embassy (yes, EWN is based in Ukraine). Search the office address in your country.

3.Provide copies of your complaints to Essaywriters.

Make sure you have screen shots of your account to show how much they owe you.

• Di
      26th of Sep, 2008

I have started writing for essaywriters.net. They owe me about $130 now and they kept on moving the pay out to another date. They also accused me of plagarism when I don't think they have at all read my work. Worse part of it all is that the students ordering are actually the ones who are the ones plagarizing since they are claiming somebody elses work as theirs.

• Fo
      29th of Jan, 2009

Me too I was one of the poor writer being fooled by essaywriters they are criminals. Accusing their writers having a plagerized work where in fact the reality is they dont have any intention on paying their writers. They owe me $150, at first they told me I'll be able to get my salaries after a week when I spoke with their no brainer staff named susan, she told me that I would be able to get my salary on the next schedule pay day and when I tried to access my account a day before the said salary I was so LUCKY for I was not able to log in and when I ask again this no brainer susan what happen to my account she told me my account was terminated! Be aware of this site!

7th of Feb, 2009

It is true they dont pay their writers.They refused to pay me 450 dollars siting that i had a plagiarised work.

• Pr
      25th of Mar, 2009

It's a fraudulent website and they owe me $500. I feel dumb being used by them in this manner and Susan, is so rude and harsh. I received so many positive feedbacks yet they are not making my payments. The customers on the website are even more stupid than the customer support people. I don’t know how to get my money. I wish I could sue them!

7th of Apr, 2009

I made the mistake of operating several parallel accounts with them as from 2006. I must admit that at first they were generous. However as from last year (2008) I have lost over $ 2000 unfairly.

I am lost for words... :(

7th of Apr, 2009

Last night, they terminated my account and told me they wont pay. Reason given, I caused damage to the company yet there was no complain at all... I lost $ 800 just like that. I was working there 100% so i am actually not expecting any other money on 15th or later.

It is very devastating. Last month they put an account on hold on 30th just before paying.

7th of Apr, 2009

I too ran into a problem with these people. They owe me 450.00. They gave me the same excuses as the ones above, claiming plagarism. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and I plan to file one with the Attorney General of my state. These people are just crooks. They have two ratings at the BBB. Essay Writers is C- and Universal is F.
    There must be something we can all do.

7th of Apr, 2009

Guys, we cant just let them go like that, I know bestessays.com is where they get work from clients, I understand there are numerous sister websites that get jobs for the same company. What can we do to bring them down.

The administrators are so STUPID and ruthless. You can get stress related health complications if you work with these idiots!

• Ek
      26th of Apr, 2009

I totally agree with all of you. They owe me $315, but refuse to give it to me. This accompanied by writing for a stupid customer, who got an F on the paper for cheating to begin with, so since I had two complaints all together on my work after doing a so-called investigation; they decided to put my account under investigation after giving this guy a partial refund, despite his directions not being clear to begin with. I was furious. This was all over two negative complaints, but they took the side of the customer, instead of the writer, which really pisses me off. I want my money, and this company needs to go to court to give us all our money we have rightfully earned.

Thank you everyone for sharing. I am glad to not be alone with this.

• Ek
      27th of Apr, 2009

I have filed a complaint with my state and with the FTC about this company. Fight back and hard, don't let them win.

Here is the latest conversation with the company, that I am going to use as proof against them.

Chat Transcript
    Visitor: Elizabeth Lord
    Operator: Stacey
    Company: 2pssup
    Started: 27 Apr 2009 21:19:01
    Finished: 27 Apr 2009 21:26:29

Elizabeth Lord:
    When am I going to get paid?
    Welcome Elizabeth Lord! Your request has been directed to the Customer Service department. Please wait for our operator to answer your call.
    Call accepted by operator Stacey. Currently in room: Elizabeth Lord, Stacey.
    HI
    What is your ID number?
    hi
    Hi
    i de-activated my account
    Just a second
    I want paid now
    Elizabeth Lord:
    I have filed two complaints against you. Pay me
    Stacey:
    QAD had done a major check on your account
    Stacey:
    and it was decided to cancel your account together with your payment
    No, I want paid, that is FINAL
    Stacey:
    This issue will be transferred to the superior
    Stacey:
    We will get back to you in messages
    Elizabeth Lord:
    You better because now your but is in the deep end now due to this boat load of crap
    Elizabeth Lord:
    You are a fraudulent company that has no business being in business, consequences will follow

4th of Jun, 2009

Not only that, it seems they are also calling up the writers who have lodged complaints against them; this time, it's in the disguise of law professionals who are also writers and had been cheated by EW.net. I was approached by one and it seemed that the person was speaking while muffling the voice with a cloth; though it was a female name but the voice resembled that of a male. Now, I forwarded her all the proof that I had and mentioned about it at essayscam.org (since she asked me to gather up people), only to receive a phonecall within the next 5 mins and she was downright abusive. It seemed that she was terrified and claimed that I made her risk her life. She forced me to take the post down else she is going to sue me at the International court and even accused me of being an agent to EW.net. It's a 50-50 situation and I'm in a dilemma; I tracked the ip-address from which she had sent me the mails and it's an ip-cloaking site. Any comments? Sorry, I cannot provide her name and contact id here (privacy policy issues).

• Lo
      29th of Jun, 2009

I've set up this blog to safeguard my works and give essaywriters.net a little scare

• Am
      18th of Aug, 2009

Can I just say thank you so much to everyone for writing about your experiences, I was just about to register with this company and now I'm going to reply and tell them to get lost!!!

Seems as though i've had a lucky escape, and I know it must be a tiny consellation but when the company is Googled now these complaints come up, so if any future potential writers look them up you guys have exposed the company for the fraudsters they are.

I hope all of you get your money and wish you the best of luck for the future.

• Wr
      16th of Oct, 2009

I knew something wasn't kosher when they kept repeating their payment schedule. I kept looking for the bite where they ask for money. Seeing none I signed up, albeit with a few false details. I then did the test but I still wasn't feeling quite right. So I googled them and here I am. I won't be accepting any assignments from them, that's for sure.

• Ca
      16th of Nov, 2009

Everyone take out as many assignments as you can, and delay delay delay in completing it...which means never...and then all register under assume names the following month...until they have no more customers.

• Pu
      19th of Nov, 2009

Dear writer friends,

I am a writer from India. I have already delivered 26 assignments without needing any revision. The customers were also very satisfied. Pl see: 72319049
    Very satisfied Very satisfied Yes Yes
    72320481
    Very satisfied Very satisfied Yes Yes Great work and service
    Very satisfied Very satisfied Yes Yes Zanaib is an excellent writer. The service that he provide is superb.

Two days back when I demanded my payment they put my account on hold as Lornso Horrt said. I have warned them today that it would be very disastrous for them. I am seriously thinking of placing a complaint before the cyber crime cell in our country. From the first work onwards I have taken copies of transaction, anticipating a swindle in the end. Today I informed them about this too, and that they by their act they invite the waterloo. I want to take up this cause at least to save the interest of our fellow writers. Whoever can help me, please do. I've already written to Google.com not to extend any service to them to help humanity. Please help me move further in this regard. PLEASE DO NOT WRITE FOR ESSAYWRITERS.NET AND THEIR 2 OTHER AFFILIATES. I DONT THINK THAT THEY ARE UKRANIANS. THEY ARE PHILIPPINOS.

Regards
    Punalur Chandrasekharan

• Ba
      1st of Dec, 2009

THIS is all too depressingly familiar, I have just completed 55 assignments with them and they have a bizarre payment system. out of $1000 + I have received only 129.00. (this also highlights how low they pay and clearly anyone writing for them is desperate to earn money, which makes it even worst!) The earnings seem to fluctuate as they deduct payments for 'penalties'!

I am an excellent writer with a teaching degree and I have been working long hours and producing excellent work. They apply penalties and never respond to actual personal messages. I have never been able to actually access live chat, either.

I am so glad I stumbled across this site and information, I may not be able to get more money from them but I intend to cause much awareness and expose their 'reputation'. It really upsets me that they market themselves as a reputable and professional American company. I certainly would not have signed up for a Ukrainian company!

Last night I got a perplexing message from them from quality assurance about my inaccuracy and damage to their reputation. This is after 55 assignments and only 4 negative feedbacks. Mind you, they were the customers fault! I will now immediately stop working for them. Clearly this is a lead up to not paying me the $900 owed. Their payment system is bizarre, ie they state they pay every 2 weeks, yet my payments are scheduled for January - from November! Sadly the only reason I did this work was because I was upset as I have just been told there is no work for me next year at my School...

Furthermore, I suspect that they are charging their clients 3 times or more what they pay writers, so these poor ESL people are being ripped off as well. Finally how can these students hope to pass off this work as their own- surely there will be authentication issues?

The best thing I can do is PUBLICISE AND PUBLICISE AND PUBLICISE their shonky ways and name to prevent other writers like myself from wasting hundreds of hours. I would have been better off washing dishes in a coffee shop! Boy do I feel stupid... ab

• Hy
      17th of Jan, 2010

Essay Writers is a complete fraud. This is the strategy they are using now: Give you the 'group stage', where you can order 10 or more papers at any given time, then when you have written papers worth over $500, they as usual use the Quality Department excuse to defer and to later cancel your payments. All of you who have been 'invited' to the group stage, BEWARE, its just another strategy to swindle you out of the max amount they can get!

17th of Jan, 2010

In my current case, they told me of technical issues, and keep moving the pay date into the future. Now, they tell me (I just got out of the chat room with "susan" that i will be paid by wed. It is 118 they owe me, not a lot, but enough to make me mad... I guess i won't be holding my breath- for my pay- But, what I will be doing, is posting ALL of the papers i have written for them on the internet, If enough students get burned, than they won't have a customer base to burn the rest of us.