Esprit / contest & fraudulent charges

I participated in an on-line contest sponsored by ESPRIT, the clothing company. The name of the game was ROULETTE.
I won a $10 gift certificate which I promptly used to buy an $8.99 shirt. The day I used the GC was a day they had free shipping. In any event, with tax & handling, I owed $3.94 which I put on my VISA.
I received an e-mail from ESPRIT that the shirt was being shipped.
Next day, I received an e-mail that the shirt was back-ordered.
The following day, I received an e-mail that the order had been cancelled.

Okay, I felt like the contest was a rip-off but no big deal really...UNTIL I checked my VISA. They placed a $4.95 temporary charge on my VISA.

I contacted ESPRIT and was told the order was cancelled and NOTHING had been put on my VISA.

So, I checked again and it's STILL THERE.

I sent a follow-up to ESPRIT and they told me to fax them a copy of the VISA. Well, needless to say, I am NOT faxing them anything with all my info on it.

I did send them a copy of the section of my statement clearly showing the $4.95 from their company and I also inquired as to why it would be $4.95 since the bill was only $3.94.

Would you believe I got back an e-mail today saying they don't accept "unsolicited" attachments and that they'd only accept a FAX. Well, it was not an attachment. It was clearly within the e-mail.

So, I just thought I'd warn people about ESPRIT. The contest is a rip-off apparently and they have no qualms about using your credit card.

Sincerely,
Linda Moeller

Comments

• Ni
      7th of Nov, 2009
    ESPRIT - Failure since purchase
    Esprit Watches
    India

We had purchased Esprit Watch No 100471 from Just in time, Vileparle west.
    It is not working since then.
    We had visited the shop N number of times but they satrt everytime and within 4 / 5 days it is back to same.

3rd of Dec, 2012

I am having an ESPRIT watch worth Rs9860 and its tachymeter has been detached and lost and the dealers are giving an estimation of 5-6k for just that tachymeter repairing, ., .!!
    what should i do..??
    Please suggest me something..!!

9th of Mar, 2016

Hi Team,

I bought ESPRIT ES105561001 Men's Wrist Watch in Black Dial (121375352256) watch from watchshoppee via Ebay on Sale date: 04/05/15 for Rs. 6, 495. and this watch stopped working from today morning.

Please do the needful.