Escondido Collision Center / Shady work!

753 W. Washington AveEscondido, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 760-740-9100

This company is charging me an arm and a leg ($2300.00!) for incomplete and half-### work. Just looking at the car you can see the back tire is not straight (like it should be) and the shop manager basically told me that it is an optical illusion because the fender is bent. My car almost spun out doing 55 mph yesterday when I used to be able to take it at 70 mph with no problem. I looked at the car myself and saw that the suspension bolts were loose... They keep ignoring my pleas for help... I need my car fixed now because I know one day soon, someone is going to get hurt because my car was not fixed like it should have been and like I am paying for.

Comments

La
  11th of Jan, 2008
i just cant see that happening. i had my 1975 convertible corvette restored by them and they we're great, efficient and honest. before choosing escondido collision i had shopped around. hot rods and customs in escondido said they would not touch my corvette for less than 11,000.00 dollars and it would take upto 6 months to due. i also checked with henson and son and they would do it but they quoted me 7,985.00 and would take upto 2 to 3 months because it was a corvette. i drove by escondido collison and decided to stop by and get a quote. I was pleasantly surprised when the owner-david rodriguez came out and said he would work straight off the insurance estimate and it would take anywhere from 3 to 4 weeks.
i left the vehicle for repairs the following week. i was also surprised to get it back in the 3rd week mr rodriguez had promised. and to top it off escondido collision and mr rodriguez went ahead and pained the vehicle complete at no extra charge to me. at the time of delivery i told mr rodriguez that i wanted to pay for the rest of the paint job. mr rodriguez refused and said that it wasn't much more but with a nice vette like i own he wouldnt have felt right about not painting 2 additional panels to make the car look great. i've sent friends and family members to escondido collison and have all been very satisfied with the service and quality of repairs
An
  14th of Jan, 2008
UPDATE TO ORIGINAL COMPLAINT MADE 12/29/07: Well David Rodriguez [owner] put my car back up and took a look at it himself and agreed that something is not right. I ended up leaving my car at the shop over the weekend because he said that he himself will see to it that my car is properly fixed.

He genuinely apologized to me and said that his policy is that no car leaves his shop unless it is safe enough for his wife to drive in.

So this company does stand behind and guarantee all work they do just like their website says...
Ba
  1st of May, 2009
We just got our car back from having body work by this company. We were extremely pleased and would definitely go back if we needed more body work in the future. They returned car when promised, the final cost was less than the estimate, the quality of the work was equivalent to what we have had done at much more expensive places(excellent), and they were cheaper than all but one of the other places were got bids from. We definitely recommend them.