ESBI / voice mail charges unauthorized

1 6300 SkuseOsseo, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 517-523-4026

I was charged on my land phone (Frontier). I called they said I ordered voice mail. I did not do that.$14.95 for what? They cant get away with this. Barbara Bajorek

Comments

13th of Oct, 2008

I work for a major telecom company and I constantly get customers who are billed by this and other "3rd party billers" without knowledge or permission. USUALLY this happens when a customer answers an online survey or contest ("Get a free $100 gift card just for taking survey" etc.) and there is usually some sort of disclosure (3 pgs. of fine print that people don't usually read) that says by accepting you will be billed by XYX company for this service. You need to look at your monthly bill very carefully and dispute anything that doesn't look right.

• Wi
      21st of Nov, 2008

BARBARA BAJOREK THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME YES MY PHONE COMPANY IS FRONTIER THIS HAS BEEN GOING SINCE NOV. 2007 TKEY OWE ME A LOT MONEY I WOULD NOT HAVE BELIEVED FRONTIER WOULD LET THIS GO ON. FRONTIER DO THE RIGHT THING BE THE COMPANY YOUR CUSTOMERS THOUGHT YOU WERE.

• Pa
      1st of Dec, 2008

ESBI placed a charge on my AT&T land line for $14.95 this month for voice mail that I never requested. I wrote an email to ATT, and they actually called me today wanting to help. The lady I spoke to told me I must call ESBI at 888- 298-3724 and tell them that I never asked for this service and want it removed. I did just that. ESBI asked a million Q's and finally told me that someone named Blair Frosaker (don't know him) requested the service for me. ESBI said that they would end the service and also credit me... but that I should expect one more charge on this month's bill. He also said that I should not call them again about it. Hmmm, well we'll see if it ever stops, and if I ever get the promised credit.

• Je
      29th of May, 2009

Frontier is charging me for, not only ESBI but for something called ILD. My bill has gone up over $100 for the last two months. This is robbery! I have unlimited long distance and i have voicemail services through Frontier, why would i have to pay another voicemial service??

The American Public is getting raped by the telecom systems... this is what you get when you De-regulate! I will be canceling my Frontier services if they do not adjust these charges~

• Jm
      18th of Oct, 2010

I'm reading complaints from 2008 and 2009. How can this company still do this to me in Oct of 2010. Isn't there supposed to be some one out there to shut these rip-off companies down?
    I haven't spoken to Embarq. my local carrier yet, but after reading these comments from so long ago, I'm just paying the part of my bill I owe. They can worry about the added on charges.

J Moorhouse