Ernie Haire Ford / Don't Go to Ernie Haire FOrd

1 9545 N. Florida Ave.Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (813) 840-3981

I recently tried to purchase a 2008 Ford Focus from Ernie Haire Ford on June 28, 2008. I put 500 dollars down and agreed on a deal. They let me drive home with the Focus for two weeks when I got a call to come back down to the dealership. When I got there they told me my financing did not get approved. When I asked for the vehicle I traded in for the Focus back and my down payment back they said my vehicle was not there and the accountants office was closed and come back the next day. When I returned the next day for my vehicle and down payment, they only had my vehicle ready even after I had called earlier in the day to make sure my check was ready. The manager then told me they would have someone deliver my check to me at work first thing the following morning. When 11am and 3 pm rolled around the next day there still was no check. I was forced to have my father call and demand for my money. They called me back 5 minutes after my dad got off the phone and said my check was at the receptionist office and to pick it up before 9pm. This dealerships customer service was horrible, plus they had total disrespect towards women!!

Comments

• Va
      11th of Jun, 2008
    Ernie Haire Ford - Poor service
    Ernie Haire Ford
    www.erniehaireford.com

My husband and I went to Ernie Haire Ford on Sat., I went on line got pre-approved (gave my ss#) so they could run it and have that part done. We proceeded to there, when we arrived everyone was eager to help, but as soon as we were turned down the first time, everything came to a stand still. We were walked out to the lot to take a truck or two for a test drive, but that was a run around. We walked in and he wanted to give us the car he wanted us to drive, not the colour we wanted to drive home, so he stated he had to wait for banks to open on Monday to send our credit apps. through. We should have known, because we had to call them, I thought customer service was they call you with every step, not you call them. Then he told us our payments were going to be 400-500 a month, we are trading in our car which is 321 a month to get a lower payment, not higher. I hate when it has to be there way or no way. I hate all the game playing.

• Na
      21st of Aug, 2008

I was on their website checking out the used inventory. I emailed them about a particular vehicle that was priced at approx. $20, 000. There were two actually that I would have been interested in. I heard back from them via email and asked specific questions regarding purchase price, interest rate, and the payment they had posted to the windshield of the vehicle. Get this... I go back to the website the very next day, and the purchase prices of the two vehicles are inflated by $5, 000 + !!! Un-freakin-believable. Steer clear of Ernie Haire. Someone warned me about them. Now I know why.

• Na
      21st of Aug, 2008

One more thing... I pass the dealership on my way home from work. Last night, after already contacting them, the car was gone from the front line. I bet when I go by tonight, its back out there, but instead with a monthly payment of $290 on the windshield, I bet its higher! Will def. post back here!