Erie Insurance / Bogus claim reporting / bad faith

Jul 1, 2015
I had what I was told by my agent "excellent coverage" for my rental and home property. My policy got flopped around to another agency. Then when the city put pressure in my water line and blew out both their meter and my handle to turn off water- my sump pump was overwhelmed by the water and seized up- back flowing all that water. The city took 7 MONTHS to finally replace my meter - stalling and causing me LOSS of rent for that long. Erie adjuster (Kyle Jenkins) told me "they would take care of it" and stated it sounds like the city was negligent in handling my claim -gave me his email and asked me to send attempts to get them to come out to fix it the 7 MONTHS (including two claims filed with the city) Funny, the day I filed a claim with ERIE- I received a 'denial' letter sent regular mail dated July 30 (but postmarked August 6) from the City of Milwaukee giving me 21 days to APPEAL their denial - I immediately sent it to KYLE JENKINS of ERIE insurance - which he FAILED to address. Then Kyle Jenkins waited the 21 days and sent me a denial letter as well based on he didn't cover "water damage" - I could no longer appeal the City notice because it was too late- when I found out Kyle Jenkins was negligent in contacting the city on my behalf when they told me 'they would take care of it". I filed complaints to the Insurance Commission (which is a waste of tax payers money as they don't do a thing for the public!) - ERIE failed to address and acknowledge that I had an EXTRA policy I paid a extra premium for the would cover the damage I suffered. I also specifically told Kyle Jenkins that I was NOT filing a "water damage" claim as HE suggested when he recorded the claim and the negligence I was experiencing from the City Of Milwaukee...I didn't have any "water damage" - I had a sump pump back up from the overwhelming flow of water from the negligence of the city. (which the extra policy was for) Erie failed to CORRECT (not change - because I never filed a water damage claim) and Failed to even acknowledge to the Insurance Commission that I had a extended policy- Its been over 1 1/2 YEARS and still I am not made whole. I'm billed $800. from the city for their water meter, stuck with all kinds of loss of rent, had to throw out lawn mowers, pay the plumber to replace the turn off valve that Popped out of the pipe from the pressure the city put in my lines (not freeze damage!) and now - since the city replaced the meter they billed me an excessive amount for that meter- and installed it incorrectly - where now my turn off valve split from the weight (not from freezing) and I have to pay a plumber to fix it AGAIN> I did go to an attorney that told me that my issue is with ERIE and not with the City of Milwaukee because of their promise to "take care of it " from both my (new agent my old agent pawned me off on -kettle moraine Insurance) and did not - where I could no longer recoup any loss from the city. Erie also failed to acknowledge my extra coverage - they knew or should of known was in effect and valid for this claim, and they left me 'high and dry" without so much as a nickel pay out - and then they raised my rate over $200. to boot!.
I asked for the complete copy of my policy INCLUDING the Extra coverage 5 times- via the past 1 1/2 YEARS and was unable to obtain a complete copy via BBB, Insurance Commission or direct calls to ERIE insurance (which my attorney now needs to file a Bad Faith Settlement suit as well as the 3 other claims against ERIE. An attorney told me I'd have this problem because ERIE attorneys have a habit of 'making claims go away" by manipulating coverage statements. And another thing - that denial letter mailed by the city of Milwaukee was not mailed certified (as the law requires) - and it was mailed (postmarked) NOT from the city of Milwaukee - but from BROOKFIELD where ERIE attorney /and office is located - and mailed (postmarked) a week AFTER the letter was dated for the 21 day appeal time Erie was suppose to address. I would LOVE to post all the proof - I certainly have a lot of it...but right now I'm still waiting to even receive a copy of my policy and Extra policy from 1 1/2 YEARS ago! Recently I talked to Britney and June(June said she was "locked out of my file" - so she couldn't send my policy)

Erie Insurance Group Logo Erie Insurance Group