EQUIPLUS LENDING GROUP / Scam

Long Island, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-231-9034
I was approved for a $12, 000 loan. They asked for 7 pmts up front to be wired to a personal investor in Canada. I did that, then received the call they reassessed and needed 7 more pmts up front to make it work. I told them no and they said they would return the money I wired on April 1st. I did not receive it and now when I call their phone number, it immediately clicks off. Definitely a scam. Trying to find out what to do next.
Be

265 Post Ave.
New York
Phone: 1-866-231-9036
equipluslending.com

Equiplus said I was approved for a twenty thousand dollar loan if I wired eight months payments up front, I sent the eight months up front then they said the lender wasn't comfortable with only eight months up front and they would need eight months more, which I sent. They said the money would be transferred into my account within one business day. After one business day I tried to call and e-mail and only got a garbled voicemail and no response from my e-mail.
Ro
  2nd of Apr, 2008
Never EVER accept a loan that asks for money up front. No respectable business would do that. At most a small secured visa might ask for 100 or so as a initial deposit, but nothing like this. Definite scam, just from reading that they wanted cash up front.
Ki
  6th of Apr, 2008
have you found anything else out?
Sh
  7th of Apr, 2008

Equiplus Lending Group
265 Post Avenue
Phone: 866-231-9034
www.equipluslending.com

I was approved for an $8000 loan with 5 months payments due upfront, Ryan Lindsay was my agent. When I sent the money in they said they had reassessed the situation and the lender was requesting an additional 5 months. I told the supervisor, David Gill, I wanted a refund on my money and they stated they could only do that on the lenders monthly billing cycle which was suppose to be today, April 7th. Of course the money was not refunded and when I call the phone number it just clicks and says "Thank You". I tried the website and it has been suspended. Looking for information on what I should do next.
Co
  8th of Apr, 2008

Equiplus Lending
Las Vegas
Nevada
Phone: 702-767-8884

I got ripped off by these A-HOLES! David Gill was my rip off jerk! Does anyone know if anything can be done? I am so mad! I got approved for a bogus loan of $10k, they said the lender wanted the first 6 months of payments up front, so I sent them $1407, only to find out they stole my money!
Li
  10th of Apr, 2008

EquiplusLending.com - loan rip-off
EquiplusLending.com
265 post avenue
New York
Phone: 866-231-9036
www.equipluslending.com

I was guaranteed a loan amount of 6, 000.00 if i sent 1, 140.00 by money gram i received the contract by fax. i did as i was asked the following day they requested another 1, 140.00 this was done as well. This went on for 4 days in the end i has sent them over 4, 000.00 dollars and had not received anything. They had a different excuse everyday. Today more than a month later i still have not received my loan or my refund. I am currently seeking legal advice. This company is a huge Knock off. Please if you know whats good for you, you will not send them one dime. I am out 4, 000.00 dollars all for a 6, 000.00 loan. If any one else has had problems with this company and is interested in legal action please contact me.
Av
  7th of Sep, 2009
it does not feel good to have someone steal your money huh??? What makes it ok for you to do the same to other people with your fake rentals?