Equal Health / Telemarketing Violations

1 PO BOX 5886Arlington, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-827-5057

I allege that this company is violating the provisions of the federal Telemarketing Consumer Protection Act. The company is using bobocalls to solicit purchase of health insurance products on telephone numbers properly registered with the federal do not call list. I made multiple unsuccessful attempts to speak to a person so I could go through the proper steps outlined in the Act and to gather information to file a complaint. Reaching a person required first listening to a lengthy recorded sales pitch for the product. Supervisors hung up without responding to the requirements of the act. All first-level call-takers denied knowing the required information (e.g., the requirement to provide a written copy of the company's do not call policy), said they were not authorized to respond, or hung up. An automated option to be added to their company do not call list uses caller ID and then automatically disconnects, so it can only register the incorrect number unless you call from the phone you want listed. Feedback through the website gets no response. The website Member Services number is an answering service, which cannot or will not provide information on actual people to talk to. Some of their telemarketers were extremely pressureful and/or rude.

More Equal Health Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Fe
      30th of Apr, 2009

"robocalls" not "bobocalls"!

• Mr
      15th of May, 2009

ITs true verything this person is saying. Also now they're selling for Assurant Health Care same people. I wonder why people dont just go to a agent they know and get insurance. Do Not Give Information over phone. They call 1800 Do Not Call List. Random numbers asking people if they have health care. Protect yourself people.

• Bi
      6th of Aug, 2009

the # that is calling me is 8129624405 they say they are from United Health in Texas, they gave me their number as 888-297-0031

• Fe
      2nd of Mar, 2011

My husband used to work for Equal Health, twice. They are a horrible company. The first time was in 2008, I was 9 mo pregnant at the time and they fired him the day I went into labor. In 2008, we didnt know they were conning their customers, we should have known because we couldnt cash our checks at the bank, simply put we would never get our money. He started working for them again (stupid) in 2010. Everything was going fine, until they started being investigated for hiring non insured agents, well they started paying for insurance exams and giving an insurance course. My husband unfortunetly got fired again for not making his imaginary quota!! Good thing about it, I knew the day was coming. The bad thing is he didnt recieve his last check until 2 to 3 weeks later, with the exam and course fees deducted, then got his w-2 in the mail, they are saying he made less than he was actually paid, luckily we saved all his check stubs and we will be going to the IRS to get this matter resolved. Unfortunately they have moved again. If anyone wants Chris Novingers new # it is (888) 323-3212. I found it online searching for review and complaints against the company.