Epoch.com / fraudulent charges

CA, United States Review updated:

I have no idea who these people are! I did not give them my credit card number. So they have stolen it and charged over $100. To it illegaly!!!

Comments

• Wo
      19th of Dec, 2008

THIS COMPANY IS THE BIGGEST RIP OFF EVER. THEY HAVE BEEN CHARGING ME FOR A SERVICE I NEVER USED OR WANTED. THEY HAVE BEEN CHARGING ME FOR TWO AND A HALF YEARS. WHEN I CALLED TO SAY I HAD A CANCELLATION NUMBER FOR A 3 DAY TRIAL OFFER THEY SAID OK. THE CHARGES CONTINUED AND I NEVER NOTICED BECAUSE THEIR NAME NEVER SHOWED UP ON MY BILL. THEY SAID THEY WOULD ONLY REFUND 4 MONTHS WORTH OF CHARGES. SINCE THEY OWE ME 1200.00 THAT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

26th of May, 2009

I am also being charged after 10 months of purchasing trial items on the internet. Although I have confirmation that I did not want to continue and that my account should be terminate. I am still being charged hundreds of dollars every month. How can I get these re-imbursed?

Tisam

• Da
      8th of Jul, 2009

Received two unauthorized debits on my account from epoch.com in the amount of 29.95. Went straight to my bank and filed a dispute for both. I also cancelled my deibt card. Now I must wait for the bank to investigate further before I can get my money back. If they deem it fraud then I will file a police report. If epoch manages to provide "proof" that I authorized the transaction, then I am going to take further actions to stop this company. Nobody steals my money and gets away with it.

14th of Sep, 2009

I am presently working with the California Department of Justice on the same type of complaint. Their contact information is: State of California, Department of Justice, Public Inquiry Unit, P.O. Box 944255, Sacramento, CA 94244, TX: 800-952-5225 and I have also discussed the case with the FBI. Make sure you file a formal complaint against this company.

• Ki
      11th of Oct, 2009

I want everyone to know, I went looking for a specific interest website joined as a member and was cheated by EPOCH.com...they charged my Mastercard and didn't deliver the service or website I became a member of. I contacted the so called customer service number and had no resolution then replied to the confirmation email...the response I got was that the problem was rectified, I tried to log in as a member again and was denied. I then tried to respond to the email and was told it was a no response email address. i looked up the actual EPOCH biller chat address and told them that I was frauded and the site is the problem, return my money or I will report your company to the FTC. Federal Trade Commission.

They tried to tell me that the website was no working, I told them to credit my card or I will report them...since then I've done a little research on EPOCH. Ton's of fraud complaints. Do not trust any company that works through them. I won't!

I sent a complaint to Mastercard...I got my refund. Don`t give up and give EPOCH the money. get your money back.

• Sc
      9th of Sep, 2011

I just realized they've had me pay for 16 months wtf. I filed with the DOJ. I hope they eat $hit.

19th of Dec, 2011

Best way to avoid this is to do it the way I did it. Call up your bank right away let them know that a fradulent transaction has been taken out you account and you have not given your account details out to anyone. Cancel your card and report it lost so that it is immediately unusable (Otherwise these ppl will continue to take money for as long as they can). Tell them you have already contacted the company that has taken the money from your account and they do not answer. Get the bank supervisor to make a note on your bank account saying you have reported this dodgy transaction today. The bank will say to you to call back in 15 days after reporting the transaction after which if the company do not return the money. (Which they oviously wont) then the bank will undertake a full investigation after which your money will be returned to you. Good luck. Dont be stupid and rely on a company like EPOCH to sort it out for you they know whats going on. That what their in this business for