Eperks / misleading the consumer with false promises

1 4420 Rosewood Drive Suite 2550Pleasanton, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-788-1798

I am a licensed real estate agent. I got an email from eperks on 3/25/08 about real estate advertising services. The rep's name was Jayson Leite. He told me that I could buy 2 zip codes or "exclusives" and if after a 6 month period of time I had not closed a sale that my money would be refunded to me. Today, 10/7/08, I called as the market has been slow and I had yet not recieved one lead from eperks. I asked for Jayson and he is no longer employed by eperks. I was referred to Eloisa Valasco and she told me that promotion was for last December. Now, how would I know what last December's promotion was? I did not work for eperks. I was told by Jayson that I would get a refund if I did not close a sale within 6 months if I bought 2 exclusive zip codes for 6 months. He took my credit card over the phone and made false promises. I only found out today that he was no longer employed by eperks and they will not honor his committment he had made to me. Eloisa told me the promo was that if I did not close a sale in 6 months that they would continue to advertise for free until I closed a sale. I did not sign up for that. If they brought me no leads in 6 months why would they bring me a lead later? I reviewed my AMEX statement and they charged me for 7 months and until I called today to cancel they were still charging me. They are charging me even longer than the 6 months Eloisa stated today. Why did I get billed for seven months? They seem to change their policies and minds as it suits them. This company made false promises of a refund and refuses to refund me in the amount of $1817.30. I was tricked into paying for this service and signed up thinking I would get a refund if I did not close a sale like Jayson told me. I feel that they need to be stopped and I have filed a complaint with my credit card issuer as well. The deceptive paractices of eperks need to be stopped prior to them lying to others.

I am mortified that they are acting as if they do not know what I am talking about. They know good and well what they promised me and refuse to refund my money back.

I have recently done research online and this is common for eperks. I also found no advertising online or TV as they promised and I have in documented in email. I found charts that showed me that they have not advertised for months now, yet continue to collect money from consumers. I filed a dispute with my credit card company and now eperks is sending me to collections. I did not sign anything. The website needed a passcode for access and now it has changed. it seems they lie and change things to get payment anyway they can.

Please search eperks complaints online and you will see that there are allot of us out there who have been lied too.

Comments

• Re
      4th of Aug, 2009

This company has done this to many reaaltors across the USA...One Realtor took legal action and they are currently being investigated...Best bet is to NOT DO BIZ WITH THIS COMPANY! REPORT TO YOUR ATTY GENERAL & DEPT OF CONSUMER PROTECTION IN YOUR STATE AND THE STATE OF CA...THIS MAY ALSO QUALIFY FOR INVESTIGATION AS A CYBERSPACE CRIME CONSULT YOUR LOCAL FBI OFFICE IN YOUR STATE

• Br
      17th of Aug, 2009

I'm also one of the manyvictims in this scam. They have send me a refund certificate in April of 2008. Indicate I will get my full refund in Dec. Month after the due date, I still have not receive anything so I called the office and they told me that they do not have the funds at this time becasuse of the economy. Told me the choices I have is either accept 10% of my total refund and also agree to sign a seattlement letter to agree that I will never discuss to anyone directly or indirectly about this agreement, and will not make any comments in any capacity relating to the company or I can wait until they have the funds but they can't promise a date (whice mean never). I have attached the settlement and general release letter so everyone can check it out. I did filed a complain with the BBB in my area about Eperks. Since they have never reply so the file closed after 3 months and BBB can't do anything about it. I would love to get in with the class action if you have any information at all, I would really appreciated.