ePassporte / Bad experience

Here is my personal experience of using EPassporte, the worst payment processor service on earth.

I've opened a personal account without a glitch - but before using it, the account must be activated by loading it with the minimum of $25. "Please select one of the following load options", they advise, and then give you US checking account as the ONLY option. It is not possible to load the account using the credit card.

I am in Australia so I do not have the US checking account, which means that activating the account is impossible.

Even if I were able to somehow magically activate the account, it would be utterly useless because you cannot accept payments by other EPassporte private members.

My other attempt was to open a business account with EPassporte. They request a truckload of documents: 44-page agreement, certificate of incumbency, driver's license copy, certificate of incorporation, articles of incorporation, company bylaws / operating agreement, and you name it...

After wasting a day in form-filling and faxing they asked for more things, including the share-holding details and access to the source code of the company's websites. For me that was the final straw...

My advice to anyone wanting to do anything involving EPassporte: don't bother, save your time and nerves.

Ke

Comments

• Mi
      10th of Feb, 2010

It would have been possible for you to activate your account by receiving a payment from a business account after that your account would have been activated and you should have been able to receive money from Personal account.

If you have any questions on ePassporte please fell free to contact me.

Michael Olsen