Entitle Direct / Stay away from Entitle Direct

1 CT, United States Review updated:

Do yourself a favor and stay as far from them as possible. It's not worth the few bucks you could possibly save and in the end you may not save much at all if anything. I found out that they don't even do the settlement, someone else does (and they are clueless) even though they say they do. I purchased my new home and I'm now worried that they probably will not be around to protect me in the future if needed and my bank may come back to insure their part. They will feed you a line of bs but trust me, listen to your Realtor and Loan Consultant. They said they work w/ all lenders, which is probably true but not all lenders don't work with them and now I see why. There was a process to go through with my bank that held up closing and almost cost me rate money.

More Entitle Direct Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• En
      3rd of Apr, 2011

This comment is being addressed at length where it originated, on Zillow.com. I invite anyone interested to review the commentary there at http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Anyone-have-any-experiences-with-Entitle-Direct-Insurance-they-could-share/305924/.

Frederick Kauber
    CIO, ENTITLE DIRECT

• Bi
      22nd of May, 2015

It's unfortunate that this person wrote this about Entitle Direct. In some instances we do work with 3rd vendors to help at the closing. We have been in the title insurance industry is 1978 - more than 35 years. As a national title insurance company with lots of scales, we have cost advantages allowing us to pass savings onto our customers - up to 25% savings versus our competition in most states. We have earned a Financial Stability Rating of A' (A Prime), Unsurpassed, from Demotech, Inc. Demotech, Inc. is a financial analysis firm specializing in evaluating the financial stability of regional and specialty insurers. I strongly suggest you shop around for title insurance as the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (a Federal agency) recommends.

Bill Shaughnessy
    Director of Marketing, Entitle Direct

• Ev
      28th of Mar, 2016

Entitle Direct defraud customers by concealing they don't offer office to close. They falsely advertise their title insurance is 25% cheaper - Their Abstract/Search fee is 100-200% higher, and eventually it is not cheaper. They don't offer office to close either.
    After several inquires, Laura Burns had concealed they don't offer office for closing. They suggest to use public library for closing. Elizabeth Weigand sent wrong form to fill out. Title Commitment Letter signed by President and CEO has numerous judgment/liens of wrong individuals. Their title commitment letter is nothing but copy paste from court records which have same first/last names. They don't have expertise or professionalism to remove before their President and CEO's name on it. Their service is slow due to inadequate employees who have low knowledge and experience. They cancel clients at the last moment when they cannot handle situation. This is an irresponsible business.

• Ev
      31st of Mar, 2016

totally agreed

• Wh
      7th of Dec, 2017

We are closing with them next week. No issues so far. I'll let you all know how it goes.