EntertainmentWork / Unauthorized billing

I just got laid off, so I was trying to make some money being an extra for movies and commercials. So I found this company called Entertainmentwork online. They told me I just needed to pay then $14 and then I would be able to see online if there was any local jobs in area. The site looks for real and so do the jobs.

They never told me that they would be charging $79.00 on my dept card every month. I tried to get a hold of them, but of coarse no answer and no more website either. More and more people are getting scammed by these soulless creatures. I had to cancel my debt card and I might have to change my bank account number too. You can't trust anyone on the internet. Maybe my bank will reimburse me.

Li

Comments

2nd of Apr, 2009

I totally disagree with you. I'm a member, and they don't charge $79 per month! It was $79 for the year. I paid a trial fee of $18.95 then the $79 after the 14 day trial. I have a busy schedule but I was still able to get a gig from them. I went to audition for some independent movie in NY and they used me. I see a lot of complaints on here about this company but I haven't had any problems with it. And I want to add that everyone that complains about the charges always has mixed up info. I guess I'm just putting my two cents in to anyone who wants to listen.

Joney

• Un
      21st of Apr, 2009

I totally agree with you I also was looking for some extra cash and though a movie extra would have been easy money. The 18.95 charge was ok I can deal with that but the 79.00 yearly charge came out of the blue. Even listened to the recording again and he never clearly stated that I would be charged if I didn't call them back. The jobs on the seemed like they were real but I never got anything back from anyone. I must have applied to at least 50 and nothing. So now I'm trying cancel this waste of about 100 dollars all together and the won't pick up the phone the website isn't working anymore its like the just dropped off the face of the earth. With my money, oh if I could only get a hold of them for ripping me off like that, ridiculous.

1st of May, 2009

To Unhappy Customer,

It's wierd you're having problems, becuase I go on the site maybe three times a week and it is there. Sometimes the wait on the customer service line is pretty long, but the people that work there are at least friendly. I was having trouble submitting for a casting the other day and the girl at cust serv ( i think Michelle) put it through for me!

Joney

PS...they totally tell you about the yearly membership when you order...AND they sent a letter to me with that info too! Maybe you just had a bad experience.

• Ju
      28th of May, 2009

I think that "Joney Hillman" Works for the company. I think i got scammed because they said that I could start on
    May 25, 2009. It is now May 28 and my account for them STILL WONT WORK. I truly believe that this is a SCAM. I think that it is stupid to have to activate a digital portfolio for $18.95. If they weren't a scam company, then they would just let you pay it off with your first day of work. They GUARANTEED AT LEAST $100 per each day that i worked for them, and a potential of up to $300. These people are definitely scam artists. I am NOT putting more money on that card. they are NOT going to take $79 extra. i hope everyone that works for them gets SUED, FIRED, and server jail time. those heartless money whores.

• Ty
      16th of Jun, 2009

ENTERTAINMENTWORK.COM IS A ###!N SCAM... F U 2 JONEY!

6th of Jul, 2009

I feel like a fool. I just hope that 79.00 fee is just a one time thing. It doesn't look like I will get anything with this nonsense. I guess I just gave away 100.00. I really wish I could get my money back.

• To
      21st of Jul, 2009

Dam I agree with all of you entertainment work is a scam. Although I did got a gig as a model but I didnt get the job. But what came out of my debit card, I WAS MAD! I owe about 190 bucks I was like wtf? And I saw my band account to see what I owe and it all said entertainment work! Dam them! I f I had the job for the extra actors I wouldnt worry but I didnt!

• Je
      17th of Sep, 2009

I agree with Joney, alot of people dont pay attention when you sign up. All of the information is given to you when you sign up, its up to you as the customer to hold up your end of the bar.