Enterprise Rent A Car / suspected fraud
Enterprise charged 9 days for a 1 day rental, then posted another false charge a few months later - stay away from them!
We rented a car at the white plains, ny branch and returned it the same day. Got their computer print out receipt before we left. What was a $56. Charge came posted at over $500 on our credit card. Chris, the manager of the local branch where we rented the car promised immediate refund and a return call. He never did. Their corporate office sent our credit card company false documentation for a 9-day rental with a signature on it. We called that person who didn't return our call. Then we received a $75 charge months later on our statement.
A new manager at the local branch apologized and issued a refund for the initial overcharge and promised to investigate the $75 erroneous charge. Reached the guy at the corporate office who explained that the car was not logged in properly for the right duration of rental time. Their system still shows a 9 day rental to date. When questioned where they kept our original one day rental record, he said it's stored in a disc. The $75 might be a ticket citation for the car after we returned it.
Very disturbing business practice!
More Enterprise Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews
- Enterprise Rent A Car - deposit refund 
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car - toll violation and $15 admin fee b/c no one returns phone call 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - misleading, smoking policy, pick up,& drop off time 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - we'll pick you up-not drop you off 
- [Resolved] Enterprise Rent A Car - false damage claim 
- Enterprise Holdings - false damage claim for previous renter's damages
- Enterprise Rent A Car - billing me 20,000 for an accident only I was involved in. paid for insurance.
- Enterprise Holdings - claim accident my car was hit by a enterprises rental car plate#fyw1873
- Enterprise Holdings - car rental service issues with rental agent “josh”
- Enterprise Holdings - unethical behavior