Enterprise Rent A Car / suspected fraud

1 White Plains, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 914-997-9484

Enterprise charged 9 days for a 1 day rental, then posted another false charge a few months later - stay away from them!

We rented a car at the white plains, ny branch and returned it the same day. Got their computer print out receipt before we left. What was a $56. Charge came posted at over $500 on our credit card. Chris, the manager of the local branch where we rented the car promised immediate refund and a return call. He never did. Their corporate office sent our credit card company false documentation for a 9-day rental with a signature on it. We called that person who didn't return our call. Then we received a $75 charge months later on our statement.

A new manager at the local branch apologized and issued a refund for the initial overcharge and promised to investigate the $75 erroneous charge. Reached the guy at the corporate office who explained that the car was not logged in properly for the right duration of rental time. Their system still shows a 9 day rental to date. When questioned where they kept our original one day rental record, he said it's stored in a disc. The $75 might be a ticket citation for the car after we returned it.

Very disturbing business practice!

El

Comments

• Or
      31st of Aug, 2009

The service I recieved at the Enterprise-Rent-A Car in Oxnard, Ca on Ventura Blvd was horrible. They charged the deposit on my debit card and kept indicating it was refunded back and it never was. I had spoke to some other ### there earlier who had indeed verified it had not been credited back, so this is what prompted me to call back a few days later. A new idiot answered and stated it had been credited back on 8/16, but the funny thing was is that I hadn't picked up the car until 8/17 so how could that be?

The idiot had nothing else to say, but "well that's all I show so check with your bank." Ugh, did he not listen to one word I said when I first called in like, "Hi I just checked my account and do NOT show that the money has been credited back to my account."

They are so ###ic!!!

Definition of ###IC: The act of being a ###!!!

Enterprise of Oxnard, CA on Ventura Blvd...YOU SUCK BIG TIME..AND WHAT YOUR DOING IS FRAUD..I REPORTED YOU TO MY BANK AND THE BBB.