Enterprise Rent-A-Car / toll violations
My problem occurred after the rental car was returned. I checked my credit card and found a $4.70 toll charge. I called Enterprise and was sent the toll violation report. It was for a date/time that would have been impossible for me to get to the toll road. I then called Enterprise and was told it would not be difficult to get the toll violation corrected. I then contacted the local toll authority and they didn't have a record of any toll violation for that license plate number on that date. They had a violation for that plate number a month before I rented the car. I then called Enterprise and was transferred to Enterprise's company that handles toll violation, Highway Toll Authority (sounds official but isn't). They argued about the toll charge. The call took 33 minutes to complete but I received the $4.70 refund - all this over $4.70. Subsequently I received an Enterprise survey and filled it out stating the problems. This survey was forwarded to Highway Toll Authority(!) who wrote back to say that it wasn't there fault but the local toll authority's problem. This was impossible since the local toll authority didn't have a record of the toll violation. So, I have to wonder if this is a quality problem on Enterprise's subcontractor's part or if this is something bigger? A small amount of extra charge for a lot of people would add up quickly. For me, I won't be using Enterprise again for quite some time. There are plenty of other car companies out there.
More Enterprise Rent-A-Car Complaints & Reviews
- Enterprise Rent A Car - deposit refund 
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car - toll violation and $15 admin fee b/c no one returns phone call 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - misleading, smoking policy, pick up,& drop off time 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - we'll pick you up-not drop you off 
- [Resolved] Enterprise Rent A Car - false damage claim 
- Enterprise Holdings - enterprise west new york, nj
- Enterprise Rental Car - deposit refund
- Enterprise Holdings - car rental hail damage incorrectly assessed and unfounded claims process initiated
- Enterprise Holdings - enterprise allowed someone to rent a car with my drivers license number when I was in another state!
- Enterprise Holdings - pompano beach north federal - abuse of position to harass and confrontational threats