Enterprise Rent A Car / deposit refund

I cant understand why it takes enterprise rent a car a minute to hold or withdraw money from my account for car rental but it takes days and weeks to return my $150 deposit back to my account. Can somebody explain why to me?

Pu

Comments

• Al
      20th of Nov, 2012

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email Care[at]Enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location and any other details.

When emailing, please list reference # 121120-001844 in the subject line.

Gillian T.
    Social Monitor Coordinator

• Da
      25th of Mar, 2013

I don't know if I have an answer to your situation. However, Enterprise has $300.00 of my money that was an insurance reimbursement (I canceled my insurance four days into the contract). Enterprise agreed to reimbursement it, but they said it will take 60 days (company policy) before I will get it. Well, sixty days expired today. No $300.00.
    I plan on visiting Enterprise tomorrow and try and get my money. If I am denied, I'm off to the local news station to tell my story, next call will be to the BBB and the next letter will be to the Attorney General revealing the managers name who I spoke with.

• Ju
      18th of Jan, 2017

@Dan L J I have the same problem they told me that it was the bank hold in . The money they sent the refund of the deposit. I would have to talk to the bank.

• En
      26th of Mar, 2013

Dan L J
    We’ve taken note of your concern and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to care[at]alamo.com including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement and any further information regarding your experience with us.
    When emailing, please list Reference Number 130326-001887 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
    Respectfully,
    Carol H.
    Social Media
    Enterprise Rent A Car

• Sk
      6th of Jan, 2014
    Enterprise Rent-a-car - Violations Scam

I had no choice but to be an Enterprise customer and looking back I wish I never was. I was a victim of a car accident in illinois in mid-September 2013. The insured's company set me up with Enterprise as the car rental while my car got repaired. I had my credit card on file and was told that all charges would be automatically charged to it (damages, tolls, etc.) without any mention of "fees". To my surprise, my iPass transponder missed 4 tolls in a weeks rental time (I have back-up on my iPass account that shows it was working during the rental period) totaling $3.20 and I was assessed a $17 "administrative fee". After calling Enterprise to let them know I had my transponder on me and had evidence as well as my credit card on file with them, they told me that it was expired; it didn't expire until the end of 11/2013. The employee at the branch didn't know how to read a credit card properly apparently and entered it incorrectly, luck for me I guess, since I would've been charged an extra $17 without any mention. I spoke with 3 different employees, ALL WHOM WERE OF NO HELP and were quite rude. I have never experienced such an unprofessional company!!! I cannot believe they could not help out a potential customer. I even stated I would never rent with them in the future and they didn't even care "That's your choice", "Oh well" and my favorite "Well it was your fault, you missed the tolls". They did reduce my fee to $8, but that is not the point, it is the principle of it all. Enterprise is a giant company, waiving the fee one time (or even a few hundred thousands won't even show a blip on their financials) but they wouldn't do that and chose to lose another customer. MARK MY WORDS, I WILL NEVER RENT WITH ENTERPRISE AGAIN AND I PROMISE TO ALWAYS TELL PEOPLE ABOUT THIS SCAM AND STORY! oh and if anyone speaks with Wendy, Marie or Amanda with the Chicago violations department, DO NOT EXPECT ANY PROFESSIONALISM NOR ANY HELP!!! SAME GOES FOR PATRICK FRANCHI WITH "CORPORATE". Rant over.

• Je
      16th of Jan, 2017

@skewer Yep they are shady sob, they tried to rip my parents off by saying their was a scratch on the car. My parents always check the car before an after renting a car. Anyways after a legal battle, my parents won thank God, because Enterprise didn't have proof that the scratch wasn't there before they had rented it. So I will never ever rent from them, because big conglomerate Corp care more about losing a dollar even more then we do then they do aboutcustomer appreciation.

• Ra
      9th of Jun, 2014

I rented a vehicle last weekend i returned it i am still waiting for my refund a week later NOTHING !!! bit they got their money smh

11th of Jul, 2014

Enterprise is very bad rental car.

• Fi
      15th of Jul, 2014
    Best Best Advice +6 Votes

FIRST OFF ALL I DO BELIEVE THAT THE WHOLE DEPOSIT THING WITH A DEBIT CARD IS A SCAM. FIRST ITS A DEPOSIT IT SHOULD NOT BE CHARGED AT TIME OF RENTAL.MY RENTAL WENT FROM 197 TO OVER 300 DOLLARS. IF I KNEW THAT I WOULD HAVE NEVER HAVE BOOKED IN THE FIRST PLACE THAT IS NOT WHAT I WAS TOLD BY A COWORKER WHO RENTED A CAR FROM THEM, USED A DEBIT CARD THE WEEK BEFORE, AND HER CARD WAS NEVER CHARGED 150 DEPOSIT AT TIME OF RENTAL. SO IM ALITTLE PISSED THAT I FEEL I WAS SCAMMED OUT OF MY MONEY AND WAY OVER PAID ALMOST DOUBLE FOR MY RENTAL. BOTTOM LINE IS I WANT MY 150 BACK.

11th of Sep, 2014

I just called the enterprise that I rented my car from. They told me the deposit fee was sent out aug. 28. We are now on sep. 11 and nothing has appeared on my car. I have gone to other enterprise and have never had this problem. The service was good until I went to this enterprise. I'm tired of calling about my deposit and keep getting a doubtful answer. I can't believe I just lost out my money. I am fustrated with the little knowledge the manager has on my account.

• Ir
      11th of Sep, 2014

i love how as soon as a complaint is made nothing but as soon as u threatin to take it to the news or go legal all the suddon they are willing to help and then go the extra mile its bs if u ask me ... do it right the first time

• Fr
      12th of Jan, 2017

@ironhammer101 I rent a car last week and returned it this Monday it's Thursday and I still don't have my money it can't take that long

• Ah
      14th of Oct, 2014

I was promised a full refund from them almost a week ago due to the fact that I was lied to about what I was going to be charged. They took more money than what was in my bank account, and only sent back half of what they would, and I'm still in the negative. When I inquire about the other half, all I get is crickets chirping on their end. I can't buy groceries until I get this money, and conveniently the store that I need help with doesn't have a voice mail, as well as never answers their phone. I have to call the store managers PERSONAL phone number if I want any help. Even then, it's a very thin chance that he'll answer.

I've emailed [protected]@enterprise.com and it was no help at all.
    I've called their regional office and they were no help at all.
    Every which way I've tried contacting this place, I've gotten no help from anyone at all.

Still waiting on that refund.
    Enterprise is such a scam.

• Co
      1st of Jun, 2015

I'm having the exact same problem. My vehicle was involved in an accident at no fault of my own. And I had to put a $200 deposit down and was promised as soon as the other guys insurance company picked it up I would be reimbursed $150 immediately, well the insurance company picked up the rental. And I have yet to receive my reimbursement. I will be back up to the store in the AM, if it is not in my account tomorrow morning. Next I will follow in the foot steps of some of you other people and contact local newspaper and BBB. And if all else fails...will file a lawsuit! I should not have to wait this long for my money that only took Enterprise 2 seconds to snatches out of my account.

• Al
      3rd of Jun, 2015

I would like to discuss this further with you. Please email us at [protected]@Enterprise.com with your contact information, the exact branch location, rental/reservation number and any other details. Please reference #150603-001993. -Tatiana

• Ga
      3rd of Dec, 2015

Hi,
    i have rented a CAR on 17 Nov 2015 from Belfast City Airport. and return the car on the same day in evening and i has been advised the refund will credited into my account within 24 hrs. after that i consult the Mr Gavin Williams the manager of shop and told me there was problem into payment system thats why refund had not been processed and they ensured me i will get the refund check in next 2-3 working days.

I have emailed to Mr Gavin, and they haven't reply my email and everytime they said on phone when i called, refund check is ready for courier, even they not say anything about tracking number.

I am bit surprise, as why it is happening, and i am totally helpless.

• En
      3rd of Dec, 2015

We would be happy to look into this with you, gautamksr. Please email us at [protected]@Enterprise.com with your contact information, the rental/reservation number, and the details. Please reference the #151203-002176 in your correspondence. We look forward to hearing from you soon. -Christopher

• Gp
      14th of Dec, 2015

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's having issues with getting their refund back. I returned my rental over a week ago and still no refund on my card. Not only is this extremely poor customer service, but a terrible way to run a business. I will not be renting from Enterprise ever again, my business will go else where.

14th of Dec, 2015

I find this really unusual as I rent often from Enterprise in Aiken SC, and my deposit is always credited back within 2 days max. I am thinking perhaps it is the individual local outlet's fault for not handling it properly.

15th of Dec, 2015

Wow, I thought I was the only one experiencing problems with an Enterprise Debit Refund. They still have not returned my $730.00 that was placed on 'hold' during the length of the rental and then charged me another $600.00+ dollars to close out the rental. I've gotten nowhere with the branch manager and my bank wants documentation of the transactions which will take even longer.

• Yo
      11th of Jan, 2016

When do I get my 103$ back that they owe me, this is the first time they do this me they told me it will take 24 hours to reimburse my money since then it was Saturday of last week we on Monday.. Need to pay some bills with that money... Come on enterprise... Not cool...

• Ro
      23rd of Jan, 2016

Still waiting on my $60 deposit. This place has the worse customer service. This company takes 2 seconds to take your money, yet it's dubious when you'll be recieving those funds back. I've been waiting but all I get is the run arpund.

• Di
      2nd of Feb, 2016

I rented a car from Enterprise October 2015, I was required to leave a deposit of over 700 Euro's. I returned the car in perfect condition, full of gas and washed and clean inside and out. I was told at the drop off location at the Airport that my deposit would be refunded in 24 hours. It is now Feb. 2016, I still have not received my deposit back. It took many hours of my time, many, many emails to finally find someone that spoke English and could understand my situation. ALL of the French customer service people were more than rude, they were actually aloof and told me that they were not able to understand me and hung up on me. i finally got Mr. Steve Lawson as a representative of Enterprise. He assured me that I would be getting my deposit back within a week, upon our initial communication. That was in November 2015. I have been told by Mr. Lawson that Enterprise is aware of serious problems in refunding deposit money for customers that have US bank cards. He also told me that my money was in limbo, somewhere between my bank and Enterprise's bank and that he could not access it and that it was up to my bank to find the money and get it back for me. He instructed me to call my bank and straighten this out for myself. Mr. Lawson has stopped responding to my emails, refuses to provide me with documentation for me to even approach my bank with to try to work this out and will not return my voice mails. This has been going on now for over three and a half months. I need results.