Enterprise Rent-A-Car / assumption of damage by consumer!
On 9/5/07, my insurance company provided me with a rental car due to my car being in an accident the day before. The rental car was given to me with less than 1/4 tank of gas. After work (a 15 mile drive), I got 10.72 gallons ($30.00) worth of gas at a gas station near where I work, so I would make it home. The car died on the way home, now they are saying it had 15 gallons of "contaminated" gas and are suing me for almost $700.00 worth of damage, when I only drove the car a total of maybe 18 miles. My position is that the 4.28 gallons of gas that was in the vehicle when I got it could have been contaminated and no one complained of bad gas at the station that I got the gas from. Enterprise is saying that "the renter is responsible for damage to the rental vehicle regardless of fault of negligence." Absolutely Ludicrous!
More Enterprise Rent-A-Car Complaints & Reviews
- Enterprise Rent A Car - deposit refund 
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car - toll violation and $15 admin fee b/c no one returns phone call 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - misleading, smoking policy, pick up,& drop off time 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - we'll pick you up-not drop you off 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - charges 
- Enterprise Rental Car - van no smoking 🚭
- Enterprise - rental car toll booth violation fee 
- Enterprise Holdings - reserved premium suv not available at check-in
- Enterprise Holdings - customer service and rental horrible
- Enterprise Holdings - Enterprise customer service