Enterprise Rent-A-Car / beware of the 'damage' scam being run by enterprise

United States Review updated:

Beware of the 'damage' scam being run by Enterprise. If anything happens to the car while in your possession, Enterprise will charge you for it, even when it's not your fault. My recent experience involves the steel plate coming loose from under the engine and part of it started to drag on the ground. I stopped and saw what happened and then called Enterprise. They came out with an exchange vehicle, and almost immediately told me I would be responsible for the damage. The person accused me of hitting something on the road and, when I told him I hadn't, he essentially said "your a liar, and beside the car was fine when it left their office, so any damages that occur after that time are your responsibility."

After getting home, I started checking around the internet about Enterprise Rent-A-Car, and I discovered several hundred complaints from across the United States. From a number of different websites. Almost all of these on-line complaints were very similar to my complaint. So beware of this scam. If you must rent a car from them, I highly recommend paying for the additional insurance - mainly to protect yourself from this scam.

Go

Comments

• La
      15th of Apr, 2013

I WAS RESENTLY IN A CAR ACCIDENT 4/12/2013 I HAD A RESERVATION TO GET A CAR FROM ENTERPRISE STILL IN SHOCK FROM THE ACCIDENT I WENT AND GOT THE CAR BECAUSE I HAD WORK THE NEXT DAY GOT THE CAR DID THE INSPECT ON THE CAR WITH THE CLERK AND WE LOOKED AT THE BODY OF THE CAR BUT NOT THE WINDSHIELD ON 4/14/2013 AFTER LEAVING THE ZOO I NOTICE A LONG CRACK ACROSS THE WINDSHIELD THE SPOT WHERE THE CRACK WAS LOCATED WAS CLOSE TO WHERE THE WINDSHIELD WIPER BLADE LAYS ON THE WINDSHIELD SO I WOULDN'T HAVE SEEN THAT WHILE INSPECTING THE CAR SO WHEN I DISCOVERED THAT I DROVE TO ENTERPRISE BUT IT WAS A SUNDAY AND THE LOCATION WAS CLOSED SO I CALLED AND LEFT A MESSAGE THE NEXT MORING I GOT THERE A LITTLE AFTER THEY OPEN THE MANAGER WAS THERE AND HE REMEMBERED GETTING MY MESSAGE BUT ATER I SHOWED HIM U CAN TELL HE ALREADY HELD ME RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAMAGE NEVER SAID THAT CRACK IS SO CLOSE TO THE BLADE WE WOULDN'T ARE U WOULDN'T NOT HAVE SEEN THAT I THINK HE KNEW THE CRACK WAS THERE BECAUSE HE SUGGESTED I GET THAT CAR AND KEEP ON SUGGESTING I GET THE CAR BECAUSE THAT WAS ALL THEY HAD NOT SUGGESTING THEY WILL CALL AROUND AND SHE IF THEY COULD GET ME ANYTHING ELSE SO AFTER I TALKED WITH HIM ABOUT THE DAMAGE ON THE WINDOW HE STILL KEEP SUGGESTION I KEEP THE CAR AND THEY WOULD COME TO MY HOME TO DO THE REPAIRS HE CALLED THE WINDOW REPAIR COMPANY AND JUST SAID I NEED A WHOLE NEW WINDOW I ASKED CAN IT JUST BE REPAIRED HE SAID NO IT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED JUST IN SHOCK WITH HIM JUST WANT TO RETURN THE CAR AND CATCH THE BUS TO WORK I FEEL I WAS SET UP AND I'M NOT HAPPY AT ALL BE CAREFUL WITH RENTING FROM THEM CHECK EVERYTHING.THAT MORNING I ADDED THE CDW AND PAI INSURANCE AFTER SHOWING HE THE DAMAGE FOUR HOURS AFTER TALKING WITH MY INSURACE ADJUSTER HE SAID I DIDN'T NEED THAT EXTRA INSURANCE SO I CALLED TO CANCEL I WAS TOLD I HAD TO COME AND SIGN A PAPER TO DISCONTINUE THE COVERAGE GOT THERE DIDN'T HAVE TO SIGN ANYTHING HE WROTE SOMETHING ON MY CONTRACT AND TOLD ME IT WAS TAKEN CARE OF AND MADE A REMARK THAT I WAS STILL RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WINDSHIELD DAMAGE IN SHOCK AGAIN BY THE WAY HE IS HANDLING THE ISSUE.NEVER AGAIN WILL SHE WHO ELSE MY INSURANCE COMPANY WORKS WITH.

11th of Jul, 2014