Enterprise Rent-A-Car / beware of the 'damage' scam being run by enterprise
Beware of the 'damage' scam being run by Enterprise. If anything happens to the car while in your possession, Enterprise will charge you for it, even when it's not your fault. My recent experience involves the steel plate coming loose from under the engine and part of it started to drag on the ground. I stopped and saw what happened and then called Enterprise. They came out with an exchange vehicle, and almost immediately told me I would be responsible for the damage. The person accused me of hitting something on the road and, when I told him I hadn't, he essentially said "your a liar, and beside the car was fine when it left their office, so any damages that occur after that time are your responsibility."
After getting home, I started checking around the internet about Enterprise Rent-A-Car, and I discovered several hundred complaints from across the United States. From a number of different websites. Almost all of these on-line complaints were very similar to my complaint. So beware of this scam. If you must rent a car from them, I highly recommend paying for the additional insurance - mainly to protect yourself from this scam.
More Enterprise Rent-A-Car Complaints & Reviews
- Enterprise Rent A Car - deposit refund 
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car - toll violation and $15 admin fee b/c no one returns phone call 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - misleading, smoking policy, pick up,& drop off time 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - we'll pick you up-not drop you off 
- [Resolved] Enterprise Rent A Car - false damage claim 
- Enterprise Car Rental - damage claim
- Enterprise Car Rental - odor in car 
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car - fraudulent damage claim 
- [Resolved] Enterprise Holdings - outrageous billing, false damage claims
- Enterprise Car Rental - wouldn't rent us a car