[Resolved] Enterprise Holdingsfraudulent damage claim

On November 6th 2018 I rented a car from the Enterprise office in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.
It was a busy day for them and they were quickly cleaning cars and moving them out to renters as fast as they could. The only car they had available for me was a large Dodge Minvan. The rental agreement number is 3ZZ3SK. The car had not been well cleaned. There was dirt on the outside, and spilled coffee on the inside along with other spills and dirt. As I said, it was a busy day. I am mentioning this because it was quite obvious no one had time or the inclination to inspect the vehicle before renting it to me. The inspection of the car was cursory. We walked around looking for any dents and scratches "larger than 2 inches". There were none. I commented a couple times about how dirty the car was and the agent's only response was, "I'm sorry". Since the van was so big and cumbersome to drive I only used it sparingly to buy items for the condo I was remodeling to sell. Trips were to Lowes, Target, Macy's Kaloko Furniture, and my friends condo at Alii Lani. Most of the time it was in the parking space at my condo. I returned the car on Sunday, November 18th around 2:00PM. Much to my surprise the office was closed! No one had mentioned this to me when I rented or when I called to ask about getting to the airport when I dropped it off.

So, I was quite surprised to get an email from Natasha at Enterprise asking "Do you remember anyone sitting up top?" She claims they found a dent in the roof.
My response: "All my friends are 60 to 70 years old, I can promise that none of us sat on the roof. I don't remember anyone checking the roof when I rented the car, either."
Natasha email my back to say, " Although no one in your party sat on the vehicle, the damage still occurred during your rental, maybe from a coconut or something. We do complete a full inspection at each check-in and return."

Obviously, they did not do a full inspection at check-in as the prior check-in and subsequent rental was a quick turn-around in the lot, and they did not do an inspection on return as they were closed. If there was damage, and after an internet search about Enterprise, I doubt it, it could have occurred in their parking lot after I returned the car and before they opened on Monday morning.

I drove on the Big Island for 14 years. I never had a coconut fall on my car. This claim is ludicrous and clearly fraudulent. I see from my research that it is also a common practice with Enterprise. I will be filing a claim with the State of Hawaii Office of Consumer Affairs tomorrow. I hope I won't have to and that you will resolve this matter quickly.

By the way, I also noticed that a refund of $250 was posted to my account, as per the rental agreement. Then, another charge of $140 was made to the account. I have no idea what that charge was for since no one notified me. That is also fraudulent.

I do not want to receive any more threatening emails from Natasha and want this matter closed.

• Resolution statement

• Enterprise Holdings Customer Care's Response, Nov 28, 2018

Stone Wolfsong,
    We’ve noted your review and would like the chance to discuss this with you directly. Please send a detailed email to [protected]@mailca.custhelp.com include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your rental agreement or reservation numbers and the information provided here.
    We look forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,