Enterprise Car Rental / terrible experience - rip off!
I recently rented a car for more than one week because my vehicle broke down on I-35 and the dealer called enterprise for me. A lady came to pick me up from dealership and offered me a tiny stinky car without asking anything from me. When I argued I want to rent a bigger car she said that's the one dealer has reserved for me (plain non-sense and a # - I dont have any coverage through that dealer). I asked to upgrade the class and that I was going to pay for it but she refused and said they dont have any other cars in stock (I could see atleast 5 cars in the lot).
Worst thing is she did not mention how much it was going to cost and had put $17.99 per day as a basic coverage. When I said I have insurance and I dont need it she said I still need it and that if I want to cancel it I can cancel by calling anytime or by calling I can upgrade the vehicle too.
It ended up being $600+ for 10 days rental for a car which was not worth $10/day. I kept calling to upgrade and to remove basic coverage but they kept asking that I need to be physically present in order to do that and they knew it will never happen since I was a resident of San Antonio (who drives 100 miles to go and get an upgraded car and to remove the coverage?)
Unethical and bad business practices. These guys are not transparent.
More Enterprise Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- Enterprise Rent A Car - deposit refund 
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car - toll violation and $15 admin fee b/c no one returns phone call 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - misleading, smoking policy, pick up,& drop off time 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - we'll pick you up-not drop you off 
- [Resolved] Enterprise Rent A Car - false damage claim 
- Enterprise Holdings - never refunded my deposit
- Enterprise Holdings - vehicle rental
- Enterprise Damage Reocvery - damages not made by me
- Enterprise Holdings - dirty, beat up rental car
- Enterprise Rental - poor customer service and overcharged