Enterprise Car Rental / terrible experience - rip off!

4530 S IH 35, San Marcos, TXSan Marcos, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: (512) 396-3235

I recently rented a car for more than one week because my vehicle broke down on I-35 and the dealer called enterprise for me. A lady came to pick me up from dealership and offered me a tiny stinky car without asking anything from me. When I argued I want to rent a bigger car she said that's the one dealer has reserved for me (plain non-sense and a # - I dont have any coverage through that dealer). I asked to upgrade the class and that I was going to pay for it but she refused and said they dont have any other cars in stock (I could see atleast 5 cars in the lot).

Worst thing is she did not mention how much it was going to cost and had put $17.99 per day as a basic coverage. When I said I have insurance and I dont need it she said I still need it and that if I want to cancel it I can cancel by calling anytime or by calling I can upgrade the vehicle too.

It ended up being $600+ for 10 days rental for a car which was not worth $10/day. I kept calling to upgrade and to remove basic coverage but they kept asking that I need to be physically present in order to do that and they knew it will never happen since I was a resident of San Antonio (who drives 100 miles to go and get an upgraded car and to remove the coverage?)

Unethical and bad business practices. These guys are not transparent.
Eb

Comments

Un
  11th of Nov, 2008
I AGREE, I HAVE RECENTLY RENTED A CAR THROUGH ENTERPRISE. I'M NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE CAR, IT WAS A DODGE CHARGER; BUT IT SMELLED LIKE SMOKE BAD! THERE WERE BURN HOLES IN THE SEATS ALL OVER! THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON, AND THE TIRE PRESSURE LIGHT KEPT COMING ON! NEVER RENT FROM ENTERPRISE, THEY ARE TOO EXPENSIVE
Js
  4th of Dec, 2008
Enterprise is extremely corrupt. I paid for 5 days of their insurance and was charged for13 days that I never agreed to (but negotiated down to 6 days after the manager blatantly lied to me). There is no legal contract without agreement from both parties!!! The manager conned me by telling me in front of a room full of customers that I did agree because of a clause in the fine print on the back of the contract. It turned out that the clause was not there... after I paid for what I never agreed to. They were really dishonest in other ways too.

I ask all of you to start chain emails about what a corrupt business the #1 car rental company in the United States is. It should be a huge news story, but it is not... YET. So I also ask you to send emails to news organizations, particularly Dateline and 20/20. Please also get as many other screwed over customers as you can to alert the news organizations about the corrupt business called Enterprise. Plus, the United States Attorney General's Office needs to know just how major this problem is. There are even web sites that are all about the corruption of Enterprise and how they treat their customers. This is big time. Let's spread the word as far as it can go! There is a lot you can do. Thank you. Have a great day.
Ma
  6th of Feb, 2009
My friends, the scam has expanded to Canada, here in Quebec I was ripped off the same way, they made take the Collision Damage insurance without telling me what I was signing for and ended up charging me a hundred bucks for something I didn't agree.

The guy told me it was an authorization to "freeze" a certain amount in my credit card so it would cover potencial damages to the car, he never mention that I had to pay something else from my pocket.

Even if I argued with them and told them I didn't agree when I returned the car, they charged me anyway.

I would like to fight back. but I really don't know how, does anybody has a suggestion ?, or are we powerless against these scams...
Co
  31st of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
THESE PEOPLE ROBBED ME AND CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD TWICE!

Enterprise Holdings Logo Enterprise Holdings