Enterprise Car Rental / fraudulent toll violation

Roanoke, United States Review updated:

I received two letters recently from Enterprise Rental company pertaining to alleged unpaid tolls during recent car rentals.

In each case the letter states that a highway toll was unpaid during the rental period and that they would be charging my credit card for the unpaid toll as well as a $15.00 service fee ($1.75 toll + $15.00 service fee).

There is simply NO validity to these claims. I thought there was some clerical mistake when I received the first letter from my first rental. Now that I have received a second charge from a subsequent rental I am certain that this is outright FRAUD. I will be contacting the attorney general's office to file a complaint.

Wk
Aug 23, 2014

Comments

•   Sep 04, 2014

WKW,
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’d like to look into this further for you. Please email [protected]@enterprise.com with your full name, exact rental office location, rental agreement, reservation or reference numbers, and additional details of your experience you'd like us to review. When emailing, please place reference # 140904-001988 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
    Carol H.
    Social Media Coordinator
    Alamo Rent A Car

• So
      Jun 03, 2016
    Enterprise Car Rental - violations

Good evening, I am writing for assistance with toll violation charges for two separate car rentals I had with enterprise on Aug. 26 thru Sept. 13 and Sept. 16 thru Sept. 21. I called and left a brief detailed voice mail on Sept. 24th providing my name and telephone number, I also included the contract numbers for the car rentals. It is now October 15, I am still waiting to be contacted by an enterprise representative regarding this. I would like someone to contact me regarding this a.s.a.p.. Thank you.

•   Jun 07, 2016

S.O.S 4ME
    When unpaid tolls are generated, the Highway Toll Administration will make a request to Enterprise for your credit card information. Once supplied, HTA will apply the charges to your credit card and the charges will appear on your credit card statement.
    To view your charges visit http://htallc.com/tollpass or call 1-877-765-5201.
    To view & print receipts visit http://www.htallc.com/
    If you need further assistance, please email [protected]@enterprise.com include your contact information, your reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location, and the full details of your concern. Please include the reference file number 160603-001797 in the subject line.
    Warm Regards,