Enlightened Debt Solutions / Unauthorized billing

Enlightened Debt Solutions
I noticed that a lot of people have been taken by a company in Lake Mary, Florida called Enlightened Debt Solutions. I work for a collections attorney and I deal with jokers like these on a daily basis.

First thing I want everyone to know is that they are registered to do business in Florida, but they have their licenses in New York, and they use a bank in Colorado to do their transactions. That should be your first flag that they are hiding something. They are owned by a law firm called The Hooper Law Firm, but they are owned by a gentelman called Peter T. Hooper, who is not a lawyer.

That name is not even registered with the state of Florida. They say they have a lawyer on site, but no attorney is ever there. They are also under the umbrella of the Hopper Group, again, no such business is registered in the state of Florida.

The company Enlightened Debt Solutions and the other name they use Budget Right Debt Management are both registered with the state of Florida. Their pitch to their clients is that they can reduce your debts by 35% to 75%, but they don't tell you how magically they will do that. They also charge you a 15% based on the total amount of debt you have.

So lets examine this. If you have $20, 000 in unpaid debts, and most people who are in this situation can not afford to pay these debts because they have gotten over their heads for one reason or another, they claim to magically reduce that debt but will charge you $3000 to do it. Folks, always remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is false. That is the case with this and all debt settlement companies. They way the work is this, they claim they can stop collection calls, and they can; but you can do that yourself too for the price of a postage stamp and an envelope. They will contact all your creditors and send them a 'Cease and Decist' notice, which by law will prevent a collector or creditor to communicate with you.

In the mean time you are in the dark about what is going on with your debt. Your credit score will continue to suffer because you will have more unpaid balances showing on your report.

Also, a 'Cease and Decist' notice will not stop a creditor from filing suit against you. It only stops them from calling you. Like I said before, they don't have an attorney on staff, they can not represent you in court and if you get sued, which by the way, a lot of creditors usually go the legal route as soon as they find out you are using one of these bogus services, because they figure if you have the money to pay someone else who is taking you for a ride you should have the means to pay this bill, you will end up owing a lot more money.

Every credit card and loan contract has a clause which clearly states you are responsible for paying all court costs and attorney fees associated with collecting the account. Folks, don't let this clowns or any other joker from one of these flight by night companies fool you.

They can not and will not do anything for you except take your money. When they get a bad rap, they will change their name, re-register with the B.B.B. under a new name, they will send all their clients a letter stating they have gone out of business and the account has been transfered to their newly rename scam shop and they will continue to rip people off. This company used to be called Liquid Debt. The president of the company Tom Stuart was also involved with another one of this scam shops called Progressive Debt Relief. As of right now there is no government oversight for these companies, unlike a collection agency or a litigation firm who are all govern by the Federal Government and they all have to adhere to the Federal Debt Collections Practices Act.

In my line of work I see every day how people like these take advantage of good people who want to do the right thing, and are in the most vulnerable position.

DON'T BE FOOLED, NO ONE CAN MAGICALLY MAKE YOUR DEBTS DISAPPEAR. If you want to settle your debts, go to your local bank and open a free savings account, put your money there rather than in an account in Colorado, which charges you a bunch of fees and when you have the money, negotiate settlements on your own and your debts. It will cost you a lot less, plus collection agencies and litigation firms will give you better settlements than if you go with one of these jokers. They have less clout than you do.

N  30th of Mar, 2009 by

Enlightened Debt Solutions - stolen funds from account set up for debt
Global Client Solutions
9820 E 41st St suite 400

Enlightened Debt Solutions working with Global Client Solutions. $599.00 was withdrawn from my "special Purpose account" (debt payments)as a retainer fee. unauthorized. I have submitted a notice to terminate in an attempt to get my money back. while suffering a financial hardship who would agree to a retainer fee of $599.00. I believe they are partners in crime. I can't confirm an account with Rocky Mountain Bank & Trust where my "special Purpose" funds are forwarded to. Why three different parties? Why did my debt counselor Terry Williams have to use "Global Client Solutions" to collect from my account to forward to another Bank. There are too many "solutions."
D  31st of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I recently entered into an agreement to be represented by Enlightened Debt Solutions, Inc. The fees were explained "UP FRONT"...no for- profit company operates with out payment...they are not a charity. If they do the job I expect they will...the money will have been spent wisely. Just notifing and setting up accounts with all my creditors would exceed $600...not to mention the time spent talking person to person with all those creditors on a monthly basis..."you pay for what you get"...I'm satisifed with companies performance todate...as for the payment complaint about using Rocky Mountain Bank and Trust (which was explained to me during account enrollment)...that's how they structure their business for the cheapest method of setting up your account so fees are kept to a minimal. I don't understand complaintent's dissatisfaction with this service provider. J.D.Mann
N  9th of Jun, 2009 by
I had a similar question with my account. There are a lot of numbers that are gone over when enrolling, and I was equally mad when I saw that there was money going from multiple place, UNTIL I spoke with a representive there. They re-explained everything to me, and though it seemed a little xspensive it made sense. Rocky Mountain is the Bank that the Savings Trust Account is set up with. This is where funds are held/saved for future settlements. Global Client Solutions is the electronic end. They are the group that handles the EFT and Drafts of my account.

I will say this, it can be confusing, and i had read some things online that made me equally concerned, but I spoke with a freindly customer service person who toke the time to go over everything with me. I wish I could remember her name, I think it was Carrol, or Kerry or Karen... anyway she followed up with me several times over the first few months, and recently got me a whopper of a settlement. My $12, 000 Chase card was resolved for $3, 200.

It seems like any settlement company charges money, and it always seems like a lot, but I can say that this place was able to do what they said (SO FAR), and I have always been treated fairly and they seem to genuinely want to do what they say. I am sure that they make good money, but the way I figure it, if they do a good job then its worth every penny.

Don't get me wrong not everyday is problem free, and ALL my calls haven't stopped (and I have been on the program for over a year now). But it has improved, and I have seen a lot of progress with my debts. I suggest that if you have a problem or a concern, call the company and request to speak with a manager. They seem flexible and will work with you... at least that has been my experience. Before you enroll, ask a lot of questions, and really understand the fee structure. Even if they have to go over it 10 times. If you still dont understand... ask for a supervisor and have them explain... if after all that you still dont understand - go elsewhere... it will probably only be a source of frustration for you in the future.
A  17th of Aug, 2009 by
Signed with Enlightened in Jan 2008. Was really misled. Although we have a significant amount of debt; it is now DOUBLED because of the fees and interested. We should have filed for bankruptcy then. 8 lawsuits from creditors later - this is STILL not fixed. Enlighted is making their money and you are getting deeper and deeper in debt...
A  17th of Aug, 2009 by
Collections attorney's are even BIGGER CROOKS than Enlightened. People are losing their homes you ###. Yet your "attorney" files lawsuits against people. If they had the money to pay their bills to begin with, they wouldn't sign with companies like Enlightened. YOU are a part of the problem!
N  4th of Sep, 2009 by

Enlightened Debt Solutions - My contact is Tyrone Ramusar (No response)To my messages concerning my account
Global Client Solution
Lake Mary Florida
Lake Mary
Phone: 1(866)285-9917

I was contacted by Paul Michaels (Who is no longer with the company) Enlightened Debt Solutions started taking $255. a month from my account February 25th. 2009. with all their fees etc. my account holds around $400. I've tried to get a quote for payoff of my account, since june, 2009. My contact is Tyrone Ramusar. My last contact with Tyrone on the phone was August 31st, 2009 at 11:46AM. At that time Tyrone said he would contact my debters to get a pay off quote, then Tyrone would contact me with the quote. I've waited for a response, today September 4th.2009 I started calling at 10:45 AM. had to leave a message with my home phone and ceil number. Waited called again 4:08 PM. left a message to recieve a response by 4:30 PM. I called again at 4:56 PM. I said I wanted a response no later than Tuesday September 8th. If Tyrone was to busy I want to speak with the President is Mr. Thomas Stewart. he needs to know the kind of employees he has working for him.
A  22nd of Mar, 2011 by
I paid this company for over 2 years, they took my money and only paid 3 of my bills, then they sent me to a susposly LAw Firm and those jokers did the same. Now they would not even send me a monthly statement to let me know where my money was going. I have lost everything I own and all I did was try to do the right thing. So for the last 4 years I have been paying and paying. And out of this all I got was 4 of my creditors paid off. Yet susposly Enlightened is out of business but guess what, here they are on the webb and going strong, is anyone out there in the same boat
Broke in Iowa