Enjoy Better TV / Have not received Visa Gift Card as Promised

1 PA, United States Review updated:

I contacted Enjoy Better TV through an advertisement for Dish Network promotions. They offered $100.00 gas rebates to sign up, which I have received the coupons to mail in. They also offered a $50.00 Visa Giftcard to offset the cost of the connection fee when I said that I could subscribe with Directv with no connection fee. This gift card I have not received as of August 22, 2009 and I was in contact with Enjoy Better TV in May 2009. I have placed several calls to the customer service with promises that the request has been added to the "Spreadsheet". Quite possibly that Dish Network will loose customers because of the promises made by this company that won't follow through.

Comments

• Ad
      13th of Feb, 2009
    Enjoy Better TV - No rebate promissed for gas
    Recruiter for DISH Satelite TV
    3750 Triority Way, south Drive
    Indianapolice
    Indiana
    Phone: 800-374-0678
    enjoybettertv.com

They promissed if I join DISH network for 18 months contract, they will give me $100 gas rebate through EW rebate (www.rebatesrus.net).

I kept sending the gas receipts and coupons to (REBATESRUS, PO BOX 5099, GRANBURY, TX 76049) but received no money.

I contacted PAT CAIN the customer service of Enojoy better TV and DISH network, but they trying to distance themselves from their REBATESRUS partner. Each one said that they are not responsible for their partner illbehavior though they are still partners.

• Ad
      13th of Feb, 2009

Good Organizations should not use scam to get clients. They should moral and ethical way.

18th of Sep, 2009

I am experiencing the same problem. When I ordered Dish Network, I was told by the Enjoy Better TV customer service that my cards would be sent in 4-6 weeks. At that time, he asked me for my email so that I could activate the cards. I got the emails, but didn't review them because I was waiting on the arrival of the cards.

It's been over 6 weeks and I've gotten no card so I reviewed the email to see if there was something else I was supposed to have done. Well guess what?!?! I was supposed to submit $4.95 for "Shipping & Handling" for each of the two Visa cards. What a bunch of BS! I have called them to complain and am waiting for a return call, which I know that I will not get.

I'll be filling a compliant with the States Attorney because I believe that this is illegal, in addition to filling a compliant with BBB.

• Di
      6th of Oct, 2009
    Enjoy Better TV - Refused to give a receipt
    EnjoyBetterTV.com
    California
    enjoybettertv.com

I found this company through an advertisement. They are a company that brings in business for Dish TV. They offered all sorts of incentives like a lower satellite TV rate for 1 year, plus free HBO & Showtime for 3 months, all for an installation price of $49.95. I paid them the $49.95 over the phone, and they sent someone to set up my satellite. When I got the monthly bill from Dish, however, it was MORE THAN TWICE THE PRICE I had been promised! Furthermore, when I asked EnjoyBetterTV.com for a simple receipt for my installation (which I need for reimbursement purposes), they refused! A supervisor named Scott Myer said they "just don't give receipts". When I asked to speak with his supervisor, Patricia Cane, he said I could not as she would "just tell me the same thing." Needless to say, I am sorely disappointed in this company and their horrible customer service. Dish TV should be more careful in screening their affiliates. This has really turned me off to satellite TV.

• Dv
      2nd of Mar, 2010

Same problem here. And they also tack a $4.95 activation charge for the "gift" cards. I backed out of contract an hour after I signed up after I read all the fine print charges. But I still can't get my $49 refunded. Keep in mind they never showed up, this was cancel an hour after I got off the phone and they still charged my credit card THREE DAYS LATER.

I called and repeatedly was told it would take 10 days to refund a charge they should have never made. When I asked for a supervisor they where "in a meeting". They would never return a call. A call the dish network said it was not their problem and I had to go back to Enjoy Better TV.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS. And stay away from dish network.

• Kd
      19th of Jun, 2010
    Enjoy Better TV - Dont Sign Up with Them(RIP OFF)
    Enjoy Better TV . COM
    Dallas
    Georgia

Enjoy Better TV is a Rip off. I signed up with them, was told one thing over the phone. I tried to cancel a few days before my installation because of a double standard charge. That was not mentioned in my initial phone call. Dish Network refunded my fee's, however Enjoy better TV did absoluley nothing. They continue to put off refunding my 49.95. If you do go with DISH, dont go through this company. Completely a rip off and horrible customer service member.

• Dm
      2nd of Jul, 2010

I couldn't agree more. I experienced almost the exact same scenario as dvx100. I even told Dish directly I would still sign with them if they could help me out. The supervisor I spoke with at Dish acted like he could care less. Screw enjoybettertv and screw Dish Network, , cuz if Dish is this bad now imagine how bad they will be when I have to deal with them for something else. Those [censor]. I am disputing the processing fee, which by the way I was never told was nonrefundable until after the fact, and moving to Direct TV.

• Mj
      10th of Jul, 2010

My experience is very similar. The deal breaker for signing up with Dish Network, through EnjoybetterTv, was "we'll send you a $50 prepaid Visa card". Okay. As of today the card has not arrived. I spoke with EnjoybetterTv this morning..."a bulk mailing was sent out on July 1. Maybe it went to your spam". We checked...NOT there. "It cost us money to have to resubmit it so please check"... supposedly it is being resubmitted. Not here yet.

OH...and when/if I do get the e-mail...I'm to print out the certificate, fill it out, send it with a copy of our first bill (to prove that we have Dish!!!) AND send $4.95 to activate the card!!! I'm OUTRAGED.

My next call went to Dish Network to tell them of my experience with one of their representatives. Bottom line was ...we can't do anything about it ..."sorry"! "Call these Dish direct numbers (same ones I already have) and ask to speak to a supervisor".

So I did. A "supervisor" answered. I told him my experience. What I was promised and what I received. His response was: "well you're really only out $4.95. All Visa cards require an activation fee of $3 -$9. The impellsolutions.com is recovering some of its fees for gathering a lot of information" blah, blah, blah.

I told him " you are making me more angry by telling me I'm 'only out $4.95' "...I'm OUT this last 1/2 hour of phone aggravation, watching for an e-mail (that may never come), filling it out, copying a bill, and sending in $4.95!...and then will I get the Visa Card????

There is NO satisfaction dealing with them. Not Dish Network or Enjoybettertv. After 2 years to fulfill my contract ...they are G O N E!

• De
      1st of Nov, 2010

Same thing happen to me what we have to do is at the end of our contract do what we say we will do .
    Leave and make sure they understand why.

• Tu
      14th of Dec, 2010

wow, such complaining.Why knock enjoybettertv for doing their job.It's the same exact process with any dealer or retailer for dish network, directv, or any other provider.Wait till you all sign up with someone else and end up spending three times as much monthly for the same exact service because you cry over a set-up fee that every company will charge you in one way or another. Every company needs to make money to stay afloat, even retailers.So stop CRYIN' and deal with the way life is today.

• Tu
      14th of Dec, 2010

i would say at the time, like directv, your 1st bill was for 2 months because they both bill in advance, which you were most likely informed of but didn't obviously hear. Directv still holds the same policy, however dish charges the 1st month immediately now to prevent that scenario.

• Pi
      5th of Jan, 2011

I just want to sat thank you all for posting your complaints about the services. I am sorry for what you all have gone through, but I am again, thankful that you all posted these warnings. Fight them to the fullest and put a stop to these kinds of dealings. Everyone is not out here to get us, but those sons of [censor]es who are doing these low down things, will all have to answer to a Higher Power, Good Luck and God Bless.

• It
      19th of Apr, 2011

If you buy a Visa gift card at the cash register of your local grocery store and you choose the $50 option, your total purchase is $54.95. The $4.95 fee is an activation fee charged by VISA! That charge is simply passed on to you by the retailer. Deal with it. Besides, free install (labor), activation of the satellite service, equipment, etc. isn't enough for people that they have to complain about a processing fee of $49.95? Everybody wants something for nothing...Cell phones, gym memberships, electric companies, water companies...every SERVICE charges fees, it's the world we live in.

• Kr
      19th of Aug, 2011

I do not want ANYTHING free, just want to be told ahead of time instead of them trying to hide the charge...I dont buy Visa gift cards and never knew about such a charge...I think it it wrong to tell someone that you are getting a gift card for $50 or $100 or whatever just to find out that there is a charge for it...its not right to hide the facts until after a contract is sighed. I am in the process of filing fraud for this with my credit card company.

• Te
      7th of Oct, 2011

I just got screwed by the same company. I cancelled my service the next day, still trying to get my 49 dollars back. Their customer service guy out and out lied told me not to worry about the third recieved said..i quote "wink "wink" and I wondered what was going on but went along, installer shows up, this guy out and out lied, was gonna be an additional 7 dollars a month, turns out direst TV was cheaper, hell id done business with Direct TV for 6 years and only left due to a discoutnt Bellsouth gave me. The company lies and then attempts to keep the money, no service was rendered!! Stay away from these people. I will be in contact with the BBB and see what my local new station can do to bring these folks to light!!!

• Mv
      12th of Nov, 2011
    Enjoy Better TV - misleading package information
    enjoy better tv

i informed enjoy better tv in advance of what type of satellite package i was interested in with dish network. American All Pack, w/ HDtv receiver & dvr. and that i was only for one television. agent informed me that this was noted. However, when 11/10 came to order packaging it became an ordeal. After all is said and done. I called my bank and the amount taken out is less than expected. when i called enjoy better tv to find out i was informed through accounting that i ordered the America's Top 120 programming package with standard receiver. After voicing my complaint with them and dish, i tripled talk with so many agents about this misinformation and misleading of customer service. informed that to get the hdtv receiver it would be an additonal cost of 199.99. to enjoy better tv you work on a commission and sales. this is bad business downgrade to upgrade for commission. if i had not investigated and the installers wrapped up their work i would've been stuck with a standard receiver and a package i did not request and locked in a two year contract, just to pay double to "Upgrade" service. Bad Business.

• To
      12th of Nov, 2011

Hi m velez,

I'm sorry to hear you had a difficult time getting the correct programming added on your account. I do hope everything is resolved for you, but if not I would be more than happy to provide assistance and answer any questions you have. You can post them here, or if you have questions pertaining to your account specifically you can email me at thomas.faust@dishnetwork.com.

Tommy Faust

Indianapolis
    Indiana
    Phone: (317)253-5200
    enjoybettertv.com

Came with to short of wires when installing system, so I went and bought longer ones.. Put DVR in wrong room and I switched it myself because installer had to be at next install and was going to come back and never did. $50 gift card was never sent but they chargedmy credit card the $50 but never got it back and its been 4 months

• St
      23rd of Jan, 2012

All should contact Dish Tv and complain!!