Enhanced Recovery Corporation / Harassing the wrong person!

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Ever since I got into a new phone number 2 years ago, this collection agency has continuously called my number looking to collect debt from someone who I assume had my number before me. Despite my explanations that I am not that person and requests to be removed from their phone lists, I have been harassed by these people at work who have even insisted that I must have "dated or hooked up with him." They've also asked for my social security number and when I replied that I wasn't giving out my personal information they were complete jerks about how stupid I apparently was for letting someone get away with identity theft--I've researched, to be sure, if any identity theft has been going on and there is no trace. These people are aggressive, belligerent, and do not listen as I've been constantly interrupted and cut off. Of course I've stopped answering any 800 or unrecognizable number, but it's unfair that they're infringing on my privacy and keeping me from picking up when an institution that I might actually be connected to needs to contact me.

Kc

Comments

• Ge
      28th of Aug, 2008

Your complaint is ridiculous. If you called them and told them they were calling for someone you do not know...without the defensive attitude that appears you have then they would not ask you about your social. You had to have lied and pretended you were the person they were asking for for them to even assume your social would match the person they are looking for. As for the insisting you hooked up or dated them...YEAH YOU ARE SUCH A LIAR! I do not know why you would even assume anyone would think your complaint was ligit. Go get a life!

1st of Oct, 2008

Your complaint is not ridiculous (as stated by Geg) -- These guy keep calling my CA cell "looking" for some Micheal guy, I have repeatedly told them that I don't know this guy -- spoke to the FL Attorney General's Office today they have lots of complaints (similar to ours) about ERC. DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER!! Call the FL Attorney General's Office at 850-414-3990. Or the FL Office of Financial Regulation 850-410-9898 and file a complaint.

• Js
      4th of Oct, 2010

THESE TOTAL IDIOTS (ENHANCED RECOVERY CORPORATION) CALL ME EVERY DAY WITH AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE FOR THE WRONG PERSON. THESE GENUISES STATE IN THEIR MESSAGE "IF YOU ARE NOT THIS PERSON THEN DELETE THIS MESSAGE" - REALLY? NOW THESE FOLKS HAVE REALLY GOT THEIR ACT TOGETHER. THEN THEY NEVER, AND I MEAN NEVER, ANSWER THEIR OWN PHONE, WHICH TELLS ME THEY ARE SERIOUS ABOUT COLLECTING SOME DEBTS. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TYPE IN PART OF THEIR NAME ON THE SEARCH SPACE AND AUTOMATICALLY PHRASES SUCH AS "ENHANCED RECOVERY CORPORATION SCAM", "ENHANCED RECOVERY CORPORATION WRONG NUMBER", "ENHANCED RECOVERY CORPORATION HARRASSMENT" COMES UP. APPARENTLY THESE LOW LIFES HAVE BEEN UP TO WHATEVER SCAM THEY ARE PULLING FOR A WHILE.

• Da
      28th of Dec, 2010

Oh god!! this is exactly what happens to me every single day they call leave a message and expect you to call back! Okay I mean if you really had a debt & you totally knew about it well then yeah you would right away catch on to the program & say "oh you know what these people are calling me because I owe this this and this" but I say this is just people who want to take advantage of other people by charging them with things they didn't even knew about! These people are complete rip-offs they just try to get easy money! I also see there is many people who complain about this situation & I suggest we all make a petition to have this SUPPOUST company investigated because for so many people to be complaining about the same thing doesn't make since!