Enhanced Long distance / didn't sign up for

1 OH, United States Review updated:

found the charge on my grandma's AT&T bill with fraudulent email, birthdate, mother's maiden name. Said they would credit her but, how did they get it in the first place. she has no computer or email!

Mm

Comments

• Am
      2nd of Mar, 2009
    Enhanced Long distance - Enhanced Long Distance
    Enhanced long distance

We have been charged for the last 3 month for Enhanced Long Distance; funny thing is we never signed up for it, and why would we when we have long distance service from our telephone company. When I called to enquire, they had the wrong e-mail address, wrong date of birth and wrong mothers maiden name. I was told that we signed up on-line for coupons, but we never use coupons. Just wanted to make others aware of the scam!!

• Ej
      27th of Mar, 2009

Similar happened to me. Here's how they operate. They scan public records for any significant changes. In my case, I got remarried a year ago. I got a bill from Verizon that was $20.00 higher than normal. When I investigated, the additional charges were from Enhanced Long Distance. I called and they claimed that they made arrangements with my wife for the service.

The reason I know they got her name from public records? Her name was severely misspelled on our marriage license. If anyone calls and uses the misspelled name, she goes nuts.

Something similar may have happened with your grandmother. A move, selling apiece of property, etc will result in a new public record and provide Enhanced Long Distance with an opportunity to create a new account for you.

4th of May, 2009
    Enhanced Long distance - BOGUS ACCOUNT SET UP.
    ENHANCED LONG DISTANCE
    Virginia
    MYPRIZELOTTO.COM

WWW.MYPRIZELOTTO.COM
    IS A SCAM WEBSITE THAT SENDS OUT E-MAILS TO YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS, AND SETS UP A BOGUS ACCOUNT USING YOUR HOME PHONE NUMBER AND YOUR NAME, WHICH CAN EASILY BE RETRIEVED FROM THE INTERNET OR SIMPLY BY LOOKING THROUGH A PHONE BOOK! THEY DIDN'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO THE DATE OF BIRTH PART OF THE DATA THEY USED TO SET UP THE ACCOUNT, WHICH ALSO SHOWS THAT THEY SET THIS UP WITHOUT NEEDING MUCH INPUT FROM AN ACTUAL PERSON AT A KEYBOARD. THIS WORKS BY THE USER "NOT" REPLYING TO AN E-MAIL WHICH STATES THAT AN ACCOUNT WILL BE SET UP AND ACTIVATED "IF" YOU DON'T REPLY TO THE E-MAIL AND STATE YOU DO NOT WANT THEIR BOGUS SERVICE... THE FULL CIRCLE TO THEIR SCAM... AS MOST PEOPLE WILL JUST DELETE THIS E-MAIL WITHOUT EVEN OPENING IT. THE STUPID THING IS THAT VERISON JUST ALLOWS THESE SCAM COMPANIES TO OPERATE THROUGH THEIR PHONE SERVICES SO THEY ARE JUST AS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS FRAUD AS THE ACTUAL. "COMPANY"...

• Be
      29th of May, 2009

This scam succeeded to the point where I was billed and had to contact the service provider (24/7 MP3) to reverse the charge and cancel the subscription.
    My phone provider would have simply assumed that I granted permission to have the service paid thru my phone bill.
    The dead give away is the birthdate line. whomever submitted my information did not know my date of birth.
    What I cannot figure out is what benefit comes to the scammer from having me billed for the service?
    Another important element was that the notification went to my junk mail file. Had I not been cleaning it out, the charge would have ended up on my phone bill.
    BEWARE OF MYPRIZELOTTO.COM and if you are contacted by 24/7 MP3 and have never heard of it you are likely being scammed. Contact them and they will reverse the charges.

• Jb
      30th of Jun, 2009
    Enhanced Long distance - Billed for Long Distance I didn't sign up for or want
    Enhanced Long Distance
    California

I have been billed for years by Enhanced Long Distance. They said that my sister signed up for this through GroupLotto or something. She didn't and I don't know how they got her info. They said they will refund some of it, but not all of it. I'm glad to get something. However, even though I am the only one that can change things on my services, and I pay my bills online - I will be watching everything much closer. Anyone can add charges to anything, apparently, with no regard or protection for the actual payer of the bill.

• Ra
      13th of Nov, 2009
    Enhanced Long distance - Unauthorized billing
    Enhanced Long Distance - Integratel

Filled out a form online and the information was used by the Integratel (spelling?) company to add 'Enhanced Long Distance' to my phone bill. The form being filled out was not related in any way or form to the service I was billed for. Nor was the service requested or authorized. Phone company was quick to resolve. Thank you AT&T (for once).

• Lu
      24th of May, 2010
    Enhanced Long distance - FRAUD
    ENHANCE LONG DISTANCE
    Florida

I RECEIVED AN UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE ON MY WINDSTREAM PHONE BILL THAT WAS CALLED " OPERATOR ASSISTANCE NETWORK" .

When I called Windstream TO QUESTION IT they said they did not know what the charge was except it was a third party provider and give me a # to call.

I learned that a company call ENHANCED LONG DISTANCE had started charging me 17.98 a month for a sevice they said I signed up for which was insane because I would have no need for such a service.

They told me they would "cancel" the order but I would have to wait to receive my back charges for the 4 prior months they charged me.

They sent me an email acknowledging a cancellation "for services I orderd" and no word about the prior months they ripped me off.

on their email they had a birth date that was suppose to be mine, but it wasn't even close.

I called back and asked them about how they process a order andthey said they only processes it with your birth date and mothers maiden name... the birthdate and maiden name were both wrong.

They just made it up to steal from me and any consumer they can and get a way with it.

I want to see a class action suit against this outfit.

Sandra Russell