Enhanced Billing Services, INC / Unauthorized Phone Billing

Indianapolis, IN, United States Review updated:
I opened my AT&T phone bill and to my surprise there was a charge og $19.95 on my bill. It was from Enhanced Billing Services, INC. They in turn handle accounts for Internet Business Advisors, INC.

I immediately called my phone company and they could not tell me anything about the charge or the company associated with this charge. I did get a phone number for them: [protected]. I called and there was no problem erasing me from the calling list. It did however, take a strong voice in order for my charge to be removed. Although, this charge may take up to 3 billing cycles to be removed.

The company told me that I had entered a contest online and that is how I approved their service. I know that this is incorrect. Although, they were quite persuasive. I was told that I gave them my home address, phone number, email address and a security code (which they did not give me a chance to acknowledge was indeed mine).
Ca

Comments

Lo
  24th of Sep, 2009

Enhanced Billing Services, INC - Overcharged for Phone Bill
Enhanced Billing Services, Inc
Shawnee
Oklahoma

My elderly parents were charge with this enchanced service which they do not have internet or computer. My dad is in the VA nursing home for 5 yrs but mother is almost deaf and has a closed caption phone which she has a hard time understanding she told me her phone bill is getting to high $ 62.00 she has no need for this they told me she order this in july she only write the check when she see the statement..att said they are not responsible for this but why are they putting it on the bill plus charging her long distance which i had no knowledge of when my dad was in the nursing home she never calls long distance for she only calls us kids and we are local...enchanced services said she will be credit for this service i have my doubts i blame the company for allowing this but in shawnee OK they do not have cox but i will be changing next month i have been a customer for over 30 yrs and paid my bill 2 weeks ahead of time so has my mother these people need to be stopped my name is louise email is berry.field@sbcglobal.net