Engagement RingFailure to deliver a ring

1 Review updated:

***You will regret going to Diamond Exchange in DTC. They are horrible*** My fiancé and I went to here in December 2014 to purchase a beautiful custom diamond ring and we were told it would take 5-12 weeks to make the ring. They called my fiancé after 5 weeks and told him it was ready, however when he went to pick it up, they had made the wrong ring and had no clue it was wrong until he showed them a picture of what we ordered. They apologized and said they would get the correct ring ordered. It has now been 8 additional weeks since they told us that they made the wrong ring and they still do not have the correct ring ready, nor have they called to say it has been delayed. We have had to send out invitations without the ring as this is a destination wedding and we reached the deadline of our guests having to book travel. I also have a dress shopping appointment scheduled for March 7th which allowed plenty of time for the ring to be done and this appointment can't be delayed due to I have family flying out for it. This unfortunately will ruin the experience of dress shopping with family as no future bride wants to shop for a dress before she has the ring. This has also completely ruined the experience of getting engaged for us and has left such a bad impression. I would never recommend this jewelry store as they are completely incompetent and have no sense of urgency when correcting their mistakes. Still no ring at this point after 13 weeks!

Cm
Feb 19, 2015

Comments

• Ha
      Oct 23, 2009
    Engagement Ring - Shoddy ring setting
    Ralphie's Jewelry
    74 Bowery Street
    New York
    New York
    Phone: [protected]
    ralphiesjewelry.com

After 8 years, I finally received my engagement ring. My Fiancé purchased the ring in September and gave it to me during the first week of October. I noticed the diamond was somewhat loose but thought nothing of it at the time. Less than a week later from the time of proposal, my 1.01 Carat diamond fell out. I noticed at home during dinner with my Fiancé. Luckily it was insured but I still wanted to let the jeweler know. Instead of being apologetic and taking SOME if ANY responsibility for the loose setting, Ralph claimed it was my fault and insulted me. He even accused me of running a scam and only being upset b/c I did something to lose the diamond and was upset b/c my Fiancé is upset with me for losing it so I was trying to blame them. I explained my Fiancé was not upset.. the ring is insured.. I am the one upset for losing something of such sentimental value due to his store's incompetance. I am not a scuba diver or a construction worker. I did nothing to remove the diamond from my ring in less than a week of having received it. I strongly advise against purchasing ANYTHING from this store.

• Wh
      Feb 19, 2015

Umm, it's only been 11 weeks since Dec. 1st.

• Cm
      Feb 19, 2015

Obviously this is Jewelry Exchange trying to make it sound ok that they made the wrong ring and still can't get it right...Good try though. I mis spoke and my credit card receipt shows Nov. 4th.

• Cm
      Feb 20, 2015

After looking up your ID I can see that you are just a habitual poster on complaint sites and this is not Jewelry Exchange posting. It is very sad that this is how you spend your time trying to make people who have had bad experiences feel worse. Must be really lonely being you held up at your computer as you must not have much better things to keep you busy.