Endeavor Marketing / Scam and cheating

1 7100 Broadway, Denver, CO 80221Denver, CO, United States Review updated:

I went in for my initial interview which lasted about 5 minutes. For the 2nd 'interview, ' I walk into the tiny office of about two rooms, and there are about 10 professionally dressed people sitting in the lobby, which made me think something was off. I am asked to sign a waiver stating that I am not an employee and that I may or may not receive commission for this day.

I am assigned to a worker who 'takes us out to the field.' First off, I live 25 minutes South of this office, my car is parked at the office. They have us get into the co-worker's car, and they drive us 20 minutes even farther East--total distance to get a ride from a friend back to my car: 45 minutes!

Anyway, the representative takes me outside, and says, “there are questions you are allowed to ask me now, some at lunch if you qualify, and then some at the end of the day if you qualify." Basically nobody would tell me the rate of pay the entire day. We park the car and have to set up a tent in front of a home decor store, and have to sell junky knock off items for a non-profit to customers who are trying to shop there, and these items are being sold for far too much money. It had been several hours and I kept asking if we could go to lunch because I was never informed to bring one. You are not allowed to leave until the entire inventory is sold, or else you have to stay from 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Some people did not want to buy this junk, but wanted to give a donation, which they do not accept which made the job even more disheartening to this horrible day.

Several hours later, the associate tells me she “is not too excited to speak with me about this “interview" over lunch; since I had been on my phone all day"—I was text messaging my friend to come pick me up because I could not get answers to any of my questions, was basically stranded, not allowed to eat lunch after standing there for the last five hours, and absolutely no guarantee of any kind of compensation for my time! Why would I want to spend money on lunch with people I'd just met, just to be told I am not chosen for this crappy position that I can't even leave?! My friend picked me up which took 45 minutes from where we live, and another 20 to get back home from the office, to where I live. This was the biggest waste of time, money, and gas I've ever seen. This has happened to my friend who was scammed by The Coral Group, and a company called Magnum--- applicant beware!!

If any place offers marketing with no degree or experience, it is going to be a lemonade-stand-job or door-to-door, which you could have done as a fifth grader. Do not waste your time on these company's empty promises. They are all pyramid scams and you will certainly make more by waiting tables. I also recommend if you fill out applications anywhere, if you are required to put your social security number, write “given at hire" unless they are actually going to do a background check or have any reason to immediately use it. Otherwise there are reports on here saying they withhold taxes whether you stay in this position or not.

Sorry to everybody else who fell for this as well!

Va

Comments

• Jw
      28th of Oct, 2008

thank you soooo much for these informative inputs.
    i too found this company on the internet.
    they responded to my inquiry so fast that i knew there had to be something wrong.

THANK YOU!!!

• Ev
      31st of Oct, 2008

Thank you for posting this. I've found a lot of scam info about Endeavor, and I am thankful to have researched it first because I am supposed to have an interview. (I am not going now!) I also experienced this type of scam with The Marketing Group (they have ads all over Yahoo! HotJobs and CareerBuilder.com so beware!) and it was awful. I worked there 2 weeks and now they don't even want to pay me. It sounds the exact same as you described with Endeavor!

• Ka
      7th of Nov, 2008

Thank you! This is so helpful. These companies are evil, I wish they could be shut down.

• So
      13th of Nov, 2008

Let me tell you that Magnum scammed my son in law too.

They set up shop and took off with his pay. You need to get in touch with the federal and state labor board to stop these people from doing it again. I personally think they should rot in hell for making him leave a descent job for a world of horrors.

• Ka
      13th of Feb, 2009

I worked for this crappy company for one month and they scammed me also. They told me that my last day there I had to pay for all of the declined credit cards that did not process thru i must of looked at them people like they was crazy. I knew something was not right b/c when I worked there my check were averaging out to $100.00 dollars a week. I come to find out that they were giving the person that I was working with mostly all the credit and said that she was making all the sales. Never again will I work there b/c that place is the most low down job ever. You will not come up in that job if you are not kissign peoples butt.