Encore Mktg / Charged my AmEx Acct without Authorization

1 Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:

I was charged $1.95 by Encore Mktg on my credit card on 11/25/08 -- same day as I made an on-line purchase at Terry's Village. Then I was charged $14.95 by Encore Mktg on the same credit card on 1/2/09. I have no knowledge of any company by the name of Encore Mktg, nor did I make any purchases on those dates in those amounts. I called my credit card company to dispute the charge, and it was removed. I was told by my credit card company to call the number for Encore Mktg on my statement [protected]). They are closed on the weekend, will do so on Monday.

I have found numerous complaints on the Internet about the exact same scam as I have endured. Cannot this fraudulent activity by Encore Mktg be turned over to the authorities?

Gr

Comments

• Hi
      21st of Feb, 2009

i have the same thing going on and unsure what to do
    hirdo@netzero.net

ENCORE MKTG
    4501 Forbes Blvd.
    Lanham
    Maryland

I have been charged repeatedly for 15 USD on my American Express credit card. The charges seem to have begun during the Christmas season, as I had quite a few charges over internet I did not notice or figured this was a gift I had ordered. However the charges continue 5 months later. I have requested them to stop, however it is clear that the charges are fraudulent. I have reported this to Amercian Express and have requested them to not accept further charges. I have also written to ENCORE MKTG requesting that they stop charging me for whatever it is they think they have the right to charge me for. The total sum now is of $75.

• Ca
      6th of Nov, 2009

I have $14.95 coming out of my account monthly since an order I made with terry's village, and I'm in the same boat... :( If someone figures out how to give these guys what they deserve- please let me know- carrie_ak@hotmail.com

• Ka
      6th of Apr, 2010
    Encore Mktg - 14.95 every month
    056982286 EASY SAVER REWARDS EASY SAVER REWARDS 55104 $0.00

ONCE again they have charged my credit card 14.95..this is the third month running..I have NOT orthorized this ONE time let alone every month...American Expess have been great and given me credit for the last two months..BUT HOW DO I GET THIS TO STOP? I have tried calling with No answer...WHO are these people anyway and how can they get away with this...
    I have no idea what state they are in ...the only info I have is below...

056982286 EASY SAVER REWARDS
    EASY SAVER REWARDS
    55104 $0.00
    Reference Number : 320100850178998610 this is from my American Express statement...

My E-Mail is..alphababe55@googlemail.com

Please Help... Kathy Holmes

• Ri
      5th of Jul, 2010
    Encore Mktg - Unauthorized Charges to Credit Card
    Woods
    Mountain Home
    Idaho

Encore MKTG is charging my American Express, 14.95 every month, called american express they went back and gave me credit from March 2010 to June 2010 for unauthorized charges to cc. I had to eat the charges for Jan and Feb, beware of this company, do not know how they got my cc number. Must have been from online purchse I did. Plus my own fault for not questioning these charges sooner. This company is a scam and ripe off artist. BEWARE. they will not respond to any phone calls.