ENCORE MKTG / EASY SAVER / Fraudulent charges

1 2712 CHELSEA COVE DRIVEJacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 904-262-7781

I previously tried to submit a complaint, but am not sure I did it properly. Thus, I will start over.

A company called ENCORE MKTG (of which you must have a contract) has made charges payable to EASY SAVER on 3 recent billing cycles of my American Express card. I have been very ill and my husband just noticed the charges.

$1.00 was charged to my American Express card on 7/15/08. $16.95 was charged to the AE card twice, once on 9/10/08 and once on 10/08/08. This is a total of $34.90 in charges I am not responsible for and that is a lot of money for me! I am on disability and my husband has been layed off, so this is no small matter to us!

I had never heard of EASY SAVER or seen your web site until my husband brought all this to my attention today. I read another complaint at your web site where a man said this type of thing only started after he began using Norton's Identify Theft -- supposedly theft preventative services!! I bought a laptop a few months ago that has this program on it and I entered my credit card numbers believing them to be safe that way. That is the ONLY way anyone could have obtained my credit card # because I have not used that card in about a year.

I demand that this matter be addressed ASAP. I will expect to hear from you in the next 1-2 days at the phone number or e-mail address I have provided.

Linda Moores

Comments

14th of Nov, 2008

I too have the same problem. How did you solve it? I've been getting charged 14.95 for the past 6 months or so now and I have no clue how to deal with this nonsense. Thank you for your help in advance.

• De
      1st of Mar, 2009

I too have the same problem. How did you solve it? I've been getting charged 14.95 often and I call to the company and never talk to me in the department of Spanish.

• Hu
      24th of Mar, 2009

Hi, Ì´m in the same situation, but unfortunately I live in México, I start to complaint, and I will communicate with AMEX México, I afraid the only way to stop is cancel my card
    I will update, any who can help with other ideas, please send me a mail to drbenitez@prontomail.com
    Thanks in advance

Humberto Benitez

• Br
      30th of Mar, 2009

I JUS GOT THIS 2DAY ON MY AMEX. APARENTLY IT WAS WEN I BOUGHT FLOWERS FROM PROFLOWERS.COM I ENTER MY EMAIL IN 2 THIS MEMBERSHIP THING SO I BECAME A MEMBER WITHOUT KNOWING SO I WENT ONLINE AND READ THAT ALOT OF PPL WERE DEALING WITH THE SAME THING.. SO I CHEACKED MY BILL IT HAD DA NUMBER SO I CALLED THEM AND SHE EXPLAINED IT 2 ME.. I SAID I DONT REMEMBER THAT AND IF I DID DO IT IT WAS A MISUNDERSTANDING.. SO SHE ASKED ME IF I WANTED 2 CANCLE IT SO I SAID YES PLEASE.. SO SHE DID AND I DONT HAVE 2 PAY ANY THING

DAVID