Encore Marketing/Word Smart / fraudelent charges

1 Memphis, TN, United States

I Ordered Word Smart in response to a TV infomercial. I was "offered" a free trial for "Easy Saver", a coupon package. I was told that I could look at the program and cancel within 30 days "at no charge". I agreed after much discussion to try it. I didn't like the program and cancelled within two weeks. My credit card was charged for $16.95. The phone number on the credit card charge is for a company called Encore Marketing. My credit card company representative told me that Encore Marketing had my card set up for recurring monthly charges of $16.95, which the card company would cancel. The first charge is in "dispute" and I am not liable for it until this dispute is settled, at which time I trust the charge will be refunded. No one answers at that number - you're just told to "wait for the next available operator. So here's one solution - Promise Encore Marketing by e-mail if possible that you are going to give them free advertising via your local TELEVISION CONSUMER REPORTER. If you can't get a response to your e-mail, give them the FREE ADVERTISING anyway.