Encore Marketing (EMI) / Haband Free Shipping Scam

1 IL, United States Review updated:

We ordered clothing (a pair of pants) from Haband, on line which offered free shipping. After ordering and receiving the clothing from Haband we noticed a charge showing up on our credit card from Encore Marketing for $14.95. We did not sign up or authorize this charge and it found to be the start of what would be a monthly charge. Luckly we noticed it on our statement and called Encore Marketing immediately. After numerous dropped calls, transfers to the supposed "right" department that never went through. We reached a customer service representitive who said they would cancel the charges and the membership. WATCH OUT FOR THIS COMPANY as this is not the first time they have done this! Haven't seen the credit yet as the ysaid it would take a couple of billing cycles. We will be issuing a fraud alert to our bank as well as we do not trust that the credit will go through.

Ra

Comments

Ro
  9th of Nov, 2008

ENCORE NO STRANGER TO DECEPTIVE MARKETING PRACTICES... The same thing happened to us with this sneaky company. Back in June, we purchased a gift certificate from Solutions.com (btw: never buying from them again). Apparently, they sold or gave our information to Encore because I recently noticed a recurring $14.95 charge on our credit card from EMI Encore Marketing International. We did not sign up or agree to this charge and we have no idea what the charge is for. Apparently some membership that we did not sign up for or want. I immediately called our credit card company which removed the charges going back only three of the six months. For the charges between June and August, I was told I had to contact Solutions or Encore. So, I did a little research and found the name of the of the complaint director for Encor on the BBB web site (there were tons of complaints against Encore) and left a VME message. Not expecting a call back. You don't have to do much searching to find that Encore has been practicing this decepting marketing tactic for a while. They are based in Lanham, MD and have offices all over the U.S. and in the UK. They go by other names including American Leisure, Easy Saver, Easy Saver - Consumer Affairs, Encore Marketing, Fortune Builder, Home & Garden Savings Club, HomeSource, Identity Watch, Insider Pass, Privilege Pass and Protect-Your-Cards. The BBB has logged 395 complaints against Encore in the last 36 months with the majority of them being credit, billing and selling practice disputes: go figure. Do not do business with Solutions or any other company that so carelessly sells or shares your personal information. What a scam.

Up
  8th of Dec, 2008

A lot of you are saying that you can't get through to anyone when you call the 877 numbers to cancel (877.564.8538/877.844.9554). I did a little research it turns out that they're owned/operated by a company called Encore Marketing International.

So... let's CALL THEM and tell them how big of ### they are for perpetuating these frauds/scams... below is a list of employees and the main number to Encore; if you call a receptionist will put you through to them... CALL THEM NOW IF YOU'RE FURIOUS ABOUT THEM STEALING FROM YOU:

4501 Forbes Blvd

David Gallimore — Executive Vice President, Sales & Marketing
Michael Dubrow — Executive Vice President, Partnership Development
Sondra Diggs — Chief Financial OfficerSondra Diggs — Chief Financial Officer

---------

This is the contact information of the CEO of Encore Marketing who's behind American Leisure and EZ Saver Scams... contact him to let him know how you feel about him cheating you and stealing your money:

Chief Executive Officer

Lanham, MD 20706
USA

Sr
  24th of Apr, 2009

they got my information and are charging me each month for something they don't do and i have no need for them i wont it to stop i don't have the money they keep taking out of my accounts and overdraft fees I'm a mom with 2boys and a broken leg . srae!

Lo
  3rd of Apr, 2010

I too odered from Haband, paid my bill . Now I am being charged $14.95 per month for what?????? I don't really know. I made aq call in Feburary when I first noticed this . I said shame on Haband!!! At which time I canceled my account. Today, I get a new bill, late charges added, I now owe $42.00. I made another call and of course this time I only spoke to a machine !!! Who accepted my cancellation plus they turned it over to a credit company for collection. Can anyone help me.

Mamaleigh@windstream.net I am considering calling the better business office.

Ro
  17th of Nov, 2010

I WAS PUTTING AN ORDER THRU ONLINE FOR FIRST TIME BECAUSE I SAW THEIR AD IN THE AMERICAN LEGION AUXILIARY MAGAZINE. ENTERED ALL MY INFORMATION, AND IT TELLS ME I WAS APPROVED FOR THEIR CREDIT CARD AT 21 PERCENT INTEREST. SAW THIS COMPLAINT WEB SITE AND TRIED TO ERASE MY INFORMATION. THEY ASKED IF I AGREED TO TELL THEM MY BIRTH DATE AND MY DRIVER'S LICENSE. I ENTERED I DO NOT AGREE, SO ANOTHER SCREEN CAME UP TELLING ME I HAD AN ADDITIONAL 10 PERCENT OFF MY ORDER IF I AGREED. I EMAILED THEN TO CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL, I NEVER WANTED A CREDIT CARD. WHAT A WAY TO CHEAT THE PUBLIC WITH THEIR FRADULENT ACTIVITY. I WILL NOTIFY THE AMERICAN LEGION MAGAZINE, OF THIS FRAUD. WHEN I TRIED TO DELETE MY INFORMATION IT APPEARED BLANK, BUT IT STILL SHOWED UP, HAD A VERY HARD TIME CANCELING, EVEN WHEN I REMOVED MY ORDER LINES.

Jh
  12th of Feb, 2011

I have had same trouble as thousands of others with Haband Perks because I ordered from Haband. Haband Perks charged me $14.95 for something I did not order. I had to cancel my credot card to prevent the charge. The BBB of Maryland and my credit card company seem not to know anything about the fraudulent company. My complaints have not been taken seriously.